2017 Roster Discussion

My evidence is salary. The rule I quoted the last time it came up was HG players on the senior roster count as $150k. I'm thinking Norris' HG either expired by now or he voluntarily gave up the status to maintain a lower salary and stay in the league.

It was Ulrich Ulrich who said that if you move teams the status goes.
That is assuming he is on the senior roster and where does it say that HG players on the senior roster count as 150k?

If the status moves with a HG, then I got nothing.... those being severely undeveloped or underreported/non-clarified rules. The entire notion of HG is one that revolves around the originating team.
Let's keep in mind the single entity of MLS. A homegrown player signs a contract with MLS not his team. A player that is traded is not technically moving. I think it makes alot of sense for HG status to move with a player when you think about it from that perspective.

This is probably the most positive conversation we'll have regarding Norris. Usually it has to do with how horrendous he is. Next conversation will be whether he's actually on the roster. Not whether his salary counts.
giphy.gif
Let's just say that if his salary counts, someone else should be subsidizing his photography. ;)

Reactions: Kjbert
Nothing to add. He didn't play, which was one part of what I was told, if that part was untrue, I have no reason to believe the rest of it.
Just tell us the rest of what you had heard anyway. I love that kind of stuff. We can understand it isn't you reporting anything other than someone somewhere at some point told you X, which you don't think has any veracity whatsoever.

And if you won't post the real story, make one up. I need story time.

Just tell us the rest of what you had heard anyway. I love that kind of stuff. We can understand it isn't you reporting anything other than someone somewhere at some point told you X, which you don't think has any veracity whatsoever.

Mix was supposed to sub on at halftime, but he was too busy eating pies.

I too would like to hear the rest of the story, real or fiction.

Nothing to add. He didn't play, which was one part of what I was told, if that part was untrue, I have no reason to believe the rest of it.

Well it looks like NYCFC is now involved in the counter intelligence business...

I remember a fan once asked me. When we talk about "NYCFC" why we never use the word "the" in front of it. And I asked him, do you put the word "the" in front of "God"?

I too would like to hear the rest of the story, real or fiction.
Gather round children, as I tell you the tall tale of what was expected to happen to Mix Diskerud.

Disclaimer: The story you are about to hear has not been verified as accurate and is believed to be false.

Allegedly he was supposed to be played this weekend to try and drum up interest in hopes of moving him before March 2nd. If he's not moved by March 2nd (again, read the disclaimer) he is allegedly going to be cut.

The idea was that if teams saw him play they might be more interested in making a move for him.

This next part I've heard from multiple sources:

The team has tried to move Mix with no luck. Teams in Norway have asked around but not one of the top teams and Mix wasn't willing to take a paycut.

Gather round children, as I tell you the tall tale of what was expected to happen to Mix Diskerud.

Disclaimer: The story you are about to hear has not been verified as accurate and is believed to be false.

Allegedly he was supposed to be played this weekend to try and drum up interest in hopes of moving him before March 2nd. If he's not moved by March 2nd (again, read the disclaimer) he is allegedly going to be cut.

The idea was that if teams saw him play they might be more interested in making a move for him.

The team has tried to move Mix with no luck. Teams in Norway have asked around but not one of the top teams and Mix wasn't willing to take a paycut.
It just doesn't make much sense not to give him a runout to try and boost whatever value is still there. Granted he wasn't included in the 18, but that would've been the perfect opportunity to send him in being down a man and the ref not calling Houston for hard tackles; would have been better to use him and not risk a sure starter.

By the way, could you please make this a daily serial? Like Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan said, we don't care any longer if it's fact or fiction, but tell us a story each day and we can wait to see if it comes true or we move on to the next day's story.

It just doesn't make much sense not to give him a runout to try and boost whatever value is still there. Granted he wasn't included in the 18, but that would've been the perfect opportunity to send him in being down a man and the ref not calling Houston for hard tackles; would have been better to use him and not risk a sure starter.

By the way, could you please make this a daily serial? Like Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan said, we don't care any longer if it's fact or fiction, but tell us a story each day and we can wait to see if it comes true or we move on to the next day's story.

I'm starting to think this makes a little sense. What if it's the front office who Mix has a problem with and not the lockerroom or PV? The FO asks PV to play Mix just to trade/cut him. PV says "f-off, I have players I need to get ready for the season and am not wasting valuable playing time on your petty garbage." PV really likes the guy, which is why he still trains with him. And PV has enough pull to tell CR to f-off if his plans affect his prep of the team.

Should I have saved that one for tomorrow's story time?

So, he think his value is higher than what is truly is...his transition to real estate developer is going to be fantastic.

#MixWatch 8 Days 10 Hours

I'm starting to think this makes a little sense. What if it's the front office who Mix has a problem with and not the lockerroom or PV? The FO asks PV to play Mix just to trade/cut him. PV says "f-off, I have players I need to get ready for the season and am not wasting valuable playing time on your petty garbage." PV really likes the guy, which is why he still trains with him. And PV has enough pull to tell CR to f-off if his plans affect his prep of the team.

No, you should have PM'd it to NYCFCfan NYCFCfan so he could post it tomorrow. We'd all believe him if he wrote it, but if you or I or anybody else posted it, it'd just be guessing.

[it is plausible]

Didn't someone write that Mix slept with Vieira's daughter? Did Mix sleep with someone from the front office, their wife, or daughter?

Didn't someone write that Mix slept with Vieira's daughter? Did Mix sleep with someone from the front office, their wife, or daughter?

I was the one who actually wrote that as a joke a year or so ago. Haha. Glad it still resonates.

Your new theory could be just as true!

Last edited:
What if it's the front office who Mix has a problem with and not the lockerroom or PV? The FO asks PV to play Mix just to trade/cut him. PV says "f-off, I have players I need to get ready for the season and am not wasting valuable playing time on your petty garbage." PV really likes the guy, which is why he still trains with him. And PV has enough pull to tell CR to f-off if his plans affect his prep of the team.
I think it lacks because this requires that PV is a meek company man who won't play Mix even though he wants to, but PV is also a bold, independent manager who tells the FO to FO when they do want to play Mix to show him off.

I think it lacks because this requires that PV is a meek company man who won't play Mix even though he wants to, but PV is also. Bold, independent manager who tells the FO to FO when they do want to play Mix to show him off.

I hear that, and agree with you.

Reactions: sbrylski