2017 Roster Discussion

Did I miss the part where Sands was offered a contract, or are we just running wild on the quote from a couple weeks?
We're not running wild, we're speculating. Which is in fact pointless, but also enjoyable.

Not directed to you, but I've noticed a rash of posts condemning board speculation / board response lately. Listening to BCR on the walk to work today, and thesauerchise thesauerchise mentioned people over-reacting to games, etc. (quite smugly, for those counting - looking at you FootyLovin FootyLovin )

I mean, no one accusing the board of overreaction or general message board-iness is wrong about any of it, but all of you "keep calm and be cool" posters need to hold up one damn minute and consider that you are seriously underestimating how much enjoyment is involved in rampant speculation, ill-informed opining and even, gasp, hyperbolic, extreme over-reaction.

If all we came here to do was report the scores and statistics and backslap each other over our Historic and Official news as delivered by #OneClub, this board would be the worst board on the whole fucking internet (see? Wasn't that fun? And that's not even that hyperbolic).

As an experiment, why don't we start yet another sub-forum called "Facts Only" and see how many folks hang out there. It'll be like ManhattanValley posting to himself with mgarbowski mgarbowski and Falastur swinging by once a week to correct him. BORING...

We're not running wild, we're speculating. Which is in fact pointless, but also enjoyable.

Not directed to you, but I've noticed a rash of posts condemning board speculation / board response lately. Listening to BCR on the walk to work today, and thesauerchise thesauerchise mentioned people over-reacting to games, etc. (quite smugly, for those counting - looking at you FootyLovin FootyLovin )

I mean, no one accusing the board of overreaction or general message board-iness is wrong about any of it, but all of you "keep calm and be cool" posters need to hold up one damn minute and consider that you are seriously underestimating how much enjoyment is involved in rampant speculation, ill-informed opining and even, gasp, hyperbolic, extreme over-reaction.

If all we came here to do was report the scores and statistics and backslap each other over our Historic and Official news as delivered by #OneClub, this board would be the worst board on the whole fucking internet (see? Wasn't that fun? And that's not even that hyperbolic).

As an experiment, why don't we start yet another sub-forum called "Facts Only" and see how many folks hang out there. It'll be like ManhattanValley posting to himself with mgarbowski mgarbowski and Falastur swinging by once a week to correct him. BORING...
I liked this post. But I'm honestly not sure if you are calling me out for something, just shouting out my name or giving me recognition for some job well done. Massive confusion (a.k.a., normal state).

Did he perform poorly? On the shoutbox, a lot of people were complimenting his passing and positioning against Houston; he tired the second half and began to falter, but that's different than playing poorly. He also looked fine before Villa was carded and obviously was double teamed once they had a man advantage. I would doubt the coaches hold his 11v10 performance against him.

Going to school at IMG is a regular school/curriculum and it's very different than going for a GED which is what he'd need as a pro. So I'm not sure what your point is with quotation marks?
IMG offers alot of online coursework.

Reactions: Kjbert

I am all for speculation which is why we are all here, but certain posters tend to blur the lines between speculation and reality.

I liked this post. But I'm honestly not sure if you are calling me out for something, just shouting out my name or giving me recognition for some job well done. Massive confusion (a.k.a., normal state).
I'm saying you're the smug identification expert, i.e., chalk one up in thesauerchise thesauerchise column (who I am not criticizing, btw).

Last edited:
Reactions: thesauerchise
Yes. I also have a hard time identifying jest or having lost touch entirely.
No, I think the bigger issue is when obvious dots are connected (speculation of course) and there's a rash of folks claiming no proof and we're separated from reality. The only person truly separated from reality is LionNYC LionNYC and that's because he lives in a different stratosphere which has hedged his outlook to include the seemingly impossible - a island stadium and a Scandinavian hat trick. But back to my point, if people are wrong then they're wrong and we move on to the next topic of the moment, but those same people sure are not acknowledged by the small chorus when they're right.

And that's ok, we should never read the tea leaves, especially when the FO (not sure if it was PV or CR) said Sands was *only* joining preseason in Jacksonville.... then he started the Emelec game.... then he showed up in Arizona and played in the first two. But wait, the FO only confirmed Jacksonville - so how could decisions have been made contrary to pressers and in secret???

A) I'm totally smug
B) I totally owned up to my own overreactions
C) my role is to try and be rational
D) I've had a shitty 2017
E) being called smug by Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan is a badge of something

(This is meant to be in jest)

No, I think the bigger issue is when obvious dots are connected (speculation of course) and there's a rash of folks claiming no proof and we're separated from reality. The only person truly separated from reality is LionNYC LionNYC and that's because he lives in a different stratosphere which has hedged his outlook to include the seemingly impossible - a island stadium and a Scandinavian hat trick. But back to my point, if people are wrong then they're wrong and we move on to the next topic of the moment, but those same people sure are not acknowledged by the small chorus when they're right.

And that's ok, we should never read the tea leaves, especially when the FO (not sure if it was PV or CR) said Sands was *only* joining preseason in Jacksonville.... then he started the Emelec game.... then he showed up in Arizona and played in the first two. But wait, the FO only confirmed Jacksonville - so how could decisions have been made contrary to pressers and in secret???

Shots fired...

Reactions: Ulrich

Dont worry you can take full credit for signing Sands next week. No one else saw the strong possibility of him making the roster. :rolleyes:

Reactions: FootyLovin
A) I'm totally smug

(This is meant to be in jest)
Don't jest. It is a badge.

And while we're at it, your buddy came in HOTTT on James Sands today and threw you under the bus after you'd already said you didn't see it. Too much Bolivian marching powder on his trip to SA I'd guess.

A) I'm totally smug
Don't jest. It is a badge.

And while we're at it, your buddy came in HOTTT on James Sands today and threw you under the bus after you'd already said you didn't see it. Too much Bolivian marching powder on his trip to SA I'd guess.
how so? In the post game thing?

giphy.gif

FORUMMM FIGHT!!!!

After watching Camargo I go excited. He's definitely got some talent. Then I was reminded of Wallace and I got even more excited.... thennnnm I remembered we have Lewis who looks like a real talent as well.... those 3 with Jack are going to be one hell of a rotation at wing. Jack will be pushed and I think he'll improve because of it.