2017 Roster Discussion

I get that, I thought about faking it but I feel it obvious, and my heart wasn't in it.
Talking about Mike. You did the right thing. As for Mike, I often don't agree at all with him (or you either, but less so). But I appreciate him taking a position. Be smug about your opinion. Don't be smug about thinking your too cool to have an opinion.

Reactions: thesauerchise
Getting back to roster discussion Sands older pitch twin Wingate doesn't look great. Had some rough touches and dangerous passes. With a crowded midfield he'll have a tough time making the roster.
Agree. I assumed from his first outing that he was unlikely to make the roster unless it's just as a tackling dummy.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I really don't like Ugo's skillset for this team. I hate to say it, but I also don't think his work rate is all that good, either.
I'm less concerned about what he's shown than some of he others. His position is all about the service he gets, and our motley reserve lineups are fraught with problems at the back moving forward, so he hasn't really been in the best situation to shine. He looked good in the Emelec match, so I'm optimistic it wasn't a one-off. I'm more interested to see what he can do when brought on to supplement the real first team players with their ability to break down a defense and feed him in the box.

I didn't see the game last night. I thought Brown has looked promising in the games I have seen. In MLS, very important to have players who can run at defenders. The league as a whole lacks players who can provide good service. Need guys to run at defenders.

That being said, didn't see the game last night. Just would like to see the kid get an opportunity because he seems to do one thing decently well for this league. I would be on board with a loan deal to San Antonio and keep an eye on him.

Crazy, farcical, not-going-to-happen idea.

We are dangerously-thin at center back right now. We have Chanot, Callens, Brillant, Sweat, White, and perhaps Sands. That's not a lot of depth at all.

Jason Hernandez is still a free agent. If he'll agree to sign for cheap, does it make sense to bring him back into the team just in case we need some more depth? Obviously his salary last year was way too high, but would he take a bargain-basement contract just to get back into a squad? Would it be worth it to add a little depth to the back line? Obviously I hope he'd never be needed, but if we have two injuries among our main center back options (or if Callens isn't any good), we're kind of screwed back there.

We are dangerously-thin at center back right now. We have Chanot, Callens, Brillant, Sweat, White, and perhaps Sands. That's not a lot of depth at all.

Jason Hernandez is still a free agent. If he'll agree to sign for cheap, does it make sense to bring him back into the team just in case we need some more depth? Obviously his salary last year was way too high, but would he take a bargain-basement contract just to get back into a squad? Would it be worth it to add a little depth to the back line? Obviously I hope he'd never be needed, but if we have two injuries among our main center back options (or if Callens isn't any good), we're kind of screwed back there.
No no no no....

What if we could get him for $60k instead of $200k?

Right. That was my point. Could we get him for under $100,000? I'm talking about signing him for depth purposes because, let's face it, our center back options are not very good. We've done great work with the midfielders and forwards, but the defense is still kind of a nightmare.

Hernandez > White, so I wouldn't say no. Hernandez had his moments, he just wasn't nearly worth his contract nor an acceptable everyday starter.

I'm surprised to see him still a free agent. He would be a great NASL player if any of those guys are interested in chucking around more money they'll never get back.

Reactions: Kjbert