2017 Roster Discussion

The Armchair Analyst weighs in...

FEBRUARY 24 UPDATE: Well, I was stupid to be dubious about the prospects of their signing Morales, wasn't I? He'll come in and be this team's No. 10, tasked with creating chances and (more importantly IMO) scoring goals with the type of late runs into the box that Lampard excelled at.

Herrera, meanwhile, is probably more likely to start at d-mid than Ring.

They also added MLS veteran winger Rodney Wallace, and journeymen John Stertzer and Ben Sweat. The team is now younger than last year's group, and deeper and more flexible – I don't see any glaring weaknesses. I'm not convinced, however, that they'll be better.

So he's saying we have all the pieces but doesn't know if we can complete the puzzle...
Same guy who said we had no chance of making the playoffs last year, ended up finishing 2nd in the east. He has no clue about us

Does anyone know why the Mix Countdown is not March 1 which is the mls roster compliance deadline?

Does anyone know why the Mix Countdown is not March 1 which is the mls roster compliance deadline?
Source? Someone here ( NYCFCfan NYCFCfan?) posted a different day.

2017 rules don't seem to have been posted on the league website yet. It was 3/1 last year, but that doesn't confirm 3/1 this year.

Reactions: EganSoccerWords
It's amazing to me that Mix isn't brought up first question every single time a reporter talks to PV. MLS rosters aren't like NFL rosters in that there is plenty of talented depth league-wide. Especially with his contract, being one of those mysterious and incredibly important TAM players, the fact that he has basically disappeared from the team's plans in perpetuity makes this a bigger deal that most journos realize. Missing what should be your 4th most important/highest-paid player is a huge huge deal in MLS. So, props to NYCFCfan NYCFCfan for sticking with this story.

There was a phone conference today with Vieira, I tried asking about Diskerud but unfortunately they ran out of time before they got to everyone's questions. No one else brought it up.

Anyways, if you're interested in what Vieira had to say I wrote about it here:

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/02/vieira-on-preseason-progress/

So I guess this is Crooks' take on the conference call?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/24/nycfc-patrick-vieira-maxi-moralez-david-villa-andrea-pirlo/

Slacker. Your's is 10x better and came a day sooner.

The Armchair Analyst weighs in...
I don't see any glaring weaknesses. I'm not convinced, however, that they'll be better.

Translation: I can't say they will be better because I need to pick Toronto (because they should have won MLS cup last year) and NYRB (Gotta be buds with Jesse) ahead of them in the standings. And better leave some room for DCU ahead of them, because, well, Patrick Mullins.

Reactions: Kjbert
https://instagram.com/p/BQ5725hlede/

Ok so I can't seem to get the instagram link to work. But Mix just posted a photo of him in another jersey (Rosenborg?) with the commentary that he's ready for a big barbaric "yawp" - whatever the hell that is.

Hopefully this means Mixwatch is just about over.

giphy.gif

My office is a minute from Culver's. In the warmer weather I'd walk for a concrete mixer regularly. Such quality fast food.