2017 Roster Discussion

Because it's not news. He posted a picture of himself on Instagram. That's all it is.

I guess I was inferring that there was something more beyond that. He's a crazy fuck. Everything he does is for a reason.

If he does go back to Norway, then I will remove some of my CFG commitment criticism for the day. Just not all of it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
https://instagram.com/p/BQ5725hlede/

Ok so I can't seem to get the instagram link to work. But Mix just posted a photo of him in another jersey (Rosenborg?) with the commentary that he's ready for a big barbaric "yawp" - whatever the hell that is.

Hopefully this means Mixwatch is just about over.
So, I posted the following tweet in response to his:

He then "liked" my tweet. As best I can tell, that either means (i) he isn't super careful about what he "likes" or (ii) he thought it would be funny to further mess with my mind by doing so.

Barbaric yawp is a loud self introduction of yourself. Or a battle cry

"I sound my barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world."

- Walt Whitman
Also popularized for a certain generation #team40 by the movie Dead Poet's Society - fantastic if you haven't seen it.

giphy.gif

He's coming to LAFC in summer 2018, will be the highest paid player in MLS and will sell a gazillion jerseys, also ensuring every LAFC game is sold out and getting LAFC insane television rights with Univision or Telemundo. There's too much money here for this not to happen. He will be the biggest DP from a marketing perspective since Becks

He's coming to LAFC in summer 2018, will be the highest paid player in MLS and will sell a gazillion jerseys, also ensuring every LAFC game is sold out and getting LAFC insane television rights with Univision or Telemundo. There's too much money here for this not to happen. He will be the biggest DP from a marketing perspective since Becks

This 1000000x. Garber knows the Hispanic market is the biggest growth segment of MLS and soccer in the United States.

Little pea to MLS could put so many more eyeballs at MLS games.

This 1000000x. Garber knows the Hispanic market is the biggest growth segment of MLS and soccer in the United States.

Little pea to MLS could put so many more eyeballs at MLS games.

This always seems like the assumption by MLS and it's fans but I'm not sure it's proven true, can't find the article I read with the stats supporting this but I'll keep searching. Many of the Mexican fans people assume would be drawn by a player like Herenadez already have life long connections to Liga MX teams, same goes for Hispanic fans from other countries. You will likely get a ticket sales boost from people coming to single games to see him but I'm skeptical how many fans he will add to the core fan base.