2017 Roster Discussion

As for the poem, I first have to give props. It's not winning awards anytime soon, but it's not bad from a technical perspective in my amateur opinion.

It's a shit poem. There's no meter / metrical pattern whatsoever. I guess they don't teach iambic pentameter in Norway. All he does is break the lines so one will rhyme with the next. I'm surprised he didn't twist the text around to make it look like a sad-faced soccer ball.

It's a shit poem. There's no meter / metrical pattern whatsoever. I guess they don't teach iambic pentameter in Norway. All he does is break the lines so one will rhyme with the next. I'm surprised he didn't twist the text around to make it look like a sad-faced soccer ball.
Basho: what is this iambic pentameter?
Whitman: I know not, nor care.

Basho: what is this iambic pentameter?
Whitman: I know not, nor care.

Lol I was doing my best to impersonate the literature snob that I once was in undergrad. I never had anything worthwhile to write about, so I'd just meter the hell out of everything. Once you go Shakespeare you don't go back.

Reactions: Ulrich
No, I think you read his response wrong -- it's highly likely the team spent the Mix money this winter, knowing he'd be off the books before the season started. It would be a huge dereliction of their duty if they didn't spend that money already. Ring, Herrera, Wallace etc are the signings using Mix's money -- it makes no sense for them not to be.
Mix for all those players is totally worth it

That would require a higher level of skill than what was posted.

Reactions: Kjbert
Who do you think starts Wallace or McNamara?

TMac mostly rides the pine this year, he probably makes the 18 and plays in USOC games and when we have a schedule crunch. Barring injuries or PV wanting to give certain players a rest.

This is not a function of his skill, its simply due to the fact that he possesses very little natural athleticism, compared to other pro athletes. TMac is relatively immobile, but cannot make up for that with Lampard like abilities.

Basically the starting XI has progressed past the point where a player like TMac is a vital cog. He's now what he should have been all along a player that's good enough to come on if need be, paid relatively little, and doesn't count as a foreigner.

His brother was also added.

BTW, did anyone see the young kid on Atlanta the other night? He's fantastic

Who do you think starts Wallace or McNamara?

TMac mostly rides the pine this year, he probably makes the 18 and plays in USOC games and when we have a schedule crunch. Barring injuries or PV wanting to give certain players a rest.

This is not a function of his skill, its simply due to the fact that he possesses very little natural athleticism, compared to other pro athletes. TMac is relatively immobile, but cannot make up for that with Lampard like abilities.

Basically the starting XI has progressed past the point where a player like TMac is a vital cog. He's now what he should have been all along a player that's good enough to come on if need be, paid relatively little, and doesn't count as a foreigner.

If the question is who gets more starts over the entire season TMac or Wallace I agree but if we are talking about the opener at Orlando that's a different story. I hope it's not the case but wouldn't be surprised at all to see TMac start just because PV maybe more comfortable with him at this point than the newcomers.

Doesn't this happen a lot though? Players leave all the time for lower salaries if it gets them playing time or in the good graces of their national team coach.
The USMNT team ship has sailed for Mix. While I agree this happens, not at this level of $ and visibility. If he ever wants to play in the MLS again this was the right move, particularly if he is cut, paid, and can sign somewhere else for whatever they are willing to pay him. Players like other players that make sure everyone gets paid.