2017 Roster Discussion

Makes you wonder if that's why the team played a friendly in Ecuador.

If Mix is bought out that money had to come from somewhere.

- Mix and the team knew he was going to be cut.
- He's no longer an employee of the club. Therefore, how is the buyout classified tax-wise? Lawyers? Accountants? Forum Team Assemble!
- He gets a check in Ecuador maybe from an account from Abu Dhabi.
- Sends that check to Norway?

Reactions: Kjbert
In PV's system, it seems like the CAM plays touch line to touch line in the attacking half, while the wingers play end line to end line and are able to cut inside (with the CAM rotating outside to replace the width).

This is probably one of the better and more intelligent posts we've seen here all month.

You don't belong here.

Makes you wonder if that's why the team played a friendly in Ecuador.

If Mix is bought out that money had to come from somewhere.

I don't know if you are being serious but I don't like that the club is trying to balance their books at this point in time. If you have ever worked at a start up, you bleed cash to start thanks to multiple mistakes. He's a mistake. Sunk cost.

This is probably one of the better and more intelligent posts we've seen here all month.

You don't belong here.

giphy.gif

Wow. There is so much more in that link.

I'm reading it that there is now AN ADDITIONAL $200k of TAM being made available. The TAM is exclusively for Homegrown players and can only be above and beyond the base salary of $53,000. As an example, if NJRB has a hot prospect (I think the U-20 kid would qualify) they can offer him a HG deal plus an extra $200k of max TAM to keep him in MLS. That's a really big deal for this league.

Helps NJRB, Seattle, LA Galaxy and FC Dallas the most righ tnow. I would imagine it would help us as well in the long run. This is great news.

And James Sands, once signed, will be player 29. You are allowed 2 Homegrown players above roster spot 28.

You beat me to it. Upon reading the headline about the extra $200K of TAM for HGP, I thought "might as well call it the James Sands rule."

Anybody want to bet that the signing of Sands gets announced in the next 24 hours?
this is probably the Jordan Morris Rule. He was gone unless Seattle made him a serious offer.

With Jordan Morris, they increased the Homegrown Allocation Money to fit him in the budget. MLS already has a Jordan Morris rule.

This may be the Weston McKinnie/Erik Palmer-Brown rule?

With Jordan Morris, they increased the Homegrown Allocation Money to fit him in the budget. MLS already has a Jordan Morris rule.

This may be the Weston McKinnie/Erik Palmer-Brown rule?
Weston is gone, but point taken.

If I'm EPB, I would tell Vermes to take his contract and stick it up his ass. KC has done EPB wrong, imo. He needs to Rod Tidwell them right in crotch.

Wow. There is so much more in that link.

I'm reading it that there is now AN ADDITIONAL $200k of TAM being made available. The TAM is exclusively for Homegrown players and can only be above and beyond the base salary of $53,000. As an example, if NJRB has a hot prospect (I think the U-20 kid would qualify) they can offer him a HG deal plus an extra $200k of max TAM to keep him in MLS. That's a really big deal for this league.

Helps NJRB, Seattle, LA Galaxy and FC Dallas the most righ tnow. I would imagine it would help us as well in the long run. This is great news.

And James Sands, once signed, will be player 29. You are allowed 2 Homegrown players above roster spot 28.

Unfortunately not quite true.
  • Clubs may use up to $200,000 of their currently available Targeted Allocation Money (i.e., amounts awarded through 2017) to sign new Homegrown Players to their first MLS contract, subject to League review and approval. Targeted Allocation Money cannot be used on a Homegrown Player previously signed to MLS.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

Reactions: adam
JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb Thank you. The ESPN article is misleading

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan I meant with trying to avoid another Weston McKinnie with EPB. And you are right. SKC refuses to make a commitment to him. Pay him and play him. Otherwise, let him leave. He's had offers from both Juventus and Porto I believe. I am sure there are others.

I don't know if you are being serious but I don't like that the club is trying to balance their books at this point in time. If you have ever worked at a start up, you bleed cash to start thanks to multiple mistakes. He's a mistake. Sunk cost.
Purely speculating.

Reactions: Kjbert and Bah
Is NYCFC a startup though? From our perspective, yes it is. However from CFG's perspective, it's an extension/diversification of their maturing business in Manchester. While i'm sure they don't expect to be generating any operating income anytime soon from this club, i'm sure they don't want to be bleeding cash.

Not that this should really apply to the Mix situation, as big signings that don't work out are simply part of the game and should already be built into the books.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

I can't fault the guy for making sure he gets every cent, he signed the contract and he deserves is. I also can't fault him for having fun with it at this point. I know some think the poem is unprofessional but if you think about past player team splits it could have been much uglier on both sides. A poem and a cartoon with a cryptic timing quote seem like a reasonably entertaining way to go out.