2017 Roster Discussion

It's the Leicester City Claudio, well formerly of Leicester City
giphy.gif

I know. I was intentionally being a smart ass to Booth.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
After seeing Saturday's lineup, I don't want to go back to one that has any less athleticism than that. Wings were flying all night, Maxi had space to run, attack and distribute, and we looked like we could score or get a chance at will. I wouldn't bet against this team beating last season's goal total.

ETA: Probably the hardest replacement to achieve that will be Lampard's scoring on the road. That man just loved to score in the weirdest and most frequent of ways. We'll need someone else to take over that characteristic if we're to do it.

If this is what it looks like: buyer's remorse, and the wealthy front office has blacklisted, cajoled and pressured a 27 year old kid to let them out of a contract they don't like, they are shitstains.

Framing this as the big, bad front office trying to ruin the life of a 27 year old, um, "kid" (who happens to make $750k a year) is the kind of hysteria that I'm going to miss 48 hours from now.

Framing this as the big, bad front office trying to ruin the life of a 27 year old, um, "kid" (who happens to make $750k a year) is the kind of hysteria that I'm going to miss 48 hours from now.
Let me know the schedule for whenever you are going to stop categorizing everyone's post except yours as hysteria/existential crises/over-reaction, so I'll be ready to miss it.

If you're going to ask me when I'll stop posting like an asshole, good news. You won't ever have to miss that.

Andrew Carlton. As much potential as Pulisic. Would be in Europe for a major club if he had a passport.

Yes. He's fantastic. They loaned him to Charleston I think but he can play right mow

Let me know the schedule for whenever you are going to stop categorizing everyone's post except yours as hysteria/existential crises/over-reaction, so I'll be ready to miss it.

If you're going to ask me when I'll stop posting like an asshole, good news. You won't ever have to miss that.

Not everyone's trying to be a messageboard celebrity, dude. I haven't done that since I was a 27 year old kid.

Was thinking about Mix's badly written poem and it only stands to make him look worse, IMO.

So, you have a contractual dispute, or a dispute with your employer over your role - if you're that much in the public eye, there's nothing to be gained from bitching about it publicly. It sounds like he's had reality spelled out to him (you're not in the plans, we want to ship you out to bring in more people) and this is not much different to a scenario that plays out at every single professional club across the world.

As for any sympathy for his lost earnings, give me a break. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe he already got paid the last two years. If he talked himself out of a move, because his salary would go down to 200k (which is still in the top 5% of earners in the country BTW) then he misses out on making 2.25 mil and instead makes 1.7 mil. Cry me a fuckin river. He already earned more in one year than most of us will make in 10. Add his sponsorships, USMNT money and whatever he get for shilling hats and he should be doing ok.

Six years ago I took a 100% pay cut to move to a far better job (worked for free, then for pennies for a few months) and while I had to stretch my finances I would still make that move over again. If you're not happy where you are, stop bitching about it and actually do something.

Was thinking about Mix's badly written poem and it only stands to make him look worse, IMO.

So, you have a contractual dispute, or a dispute with your employer over your role - if you're that much in the public eye, there's nothing to be gained from bitching about it publicly. It sounds like he's had reality spelled out to him (you're not in the plans, we want to ship you out to bring in more people) and this is not much different to a scenario that plays out at every single professional club across the world.

As for any sympathy for his lost earnings, give me a break. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe he already got paid the last two years. If he talked himself out of a move, because his salary would go down to 200k (which is still in the top 5% of earners in the country BTW) then he misses out on making 2.25 mil and instead makes 1.7 mil. Cry me a fuckin river. He already earned more in one year than most of us will make in 10. Add his sponsorships, USMNT money and whatever he get for shilling hats and he should be doing ok.

Six years ago I took a 100% pay cut to move to a far better job (worked for free, then for pennies for a few months) and while I had to stretch my finances I would still make that move over again. If you're not happy where you are, stop bitching about it and actually do something.
He's not bitching, he's explaining, which is more decency than we as fans have gotten from the front office.

"Woe is me" is some explanation.

He's acting unprofessionally and he just needs to grow a pair.

Reactions: Kjbert
Who do you think starts Wallace or McNamara?

McNamara will start the year and slowly surrender his job to Wallace. Viera has love for him...but his loyalty will be overshadowed by Tommy's inability to play at this level for 90.

ETA: That's my prediction not my want. I'd prefer him not to start. Let him spot start some games. Nothing wrong with that.

If I was coach, I think the best line up you put out has a front line of Moralez, Villa, Harrison with the midfield of Ring, Pirlo, and Herrera. PV has yet to play Moralez out wide though, so unlikely.
Yeah I think PV likes him more tucked under Villa and Wallace

They've stated that he is a midfielder for them. So was Lampard even though he barley crossed midfield.

With the defensive work required of our wingers, I don't see him playing wide.

I know they call it a 4-3-3 but it really comes off as a flat 4-4-2

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
They've stated that he is a midfielder for them. So was Lampard even though he barley crossed midfield.

With the defensive work required of our wingers, I don't see him playing wide.

I know they call it a 4-3-3 but it really comes off as a flat 4-4-2

In PV's system, it seems like the CAM plays touch line to touch line in the attacking half, while the wingers play end line to end line and are able to cut inside (with the CAM rotating outside to replace the width).

After seeing Saturday's lineup, I don't want to go back to one that has any less athleticism than that. Wings were flying all night, Maxi had space to run, attack and distribute, and we looked like we could score or get a chance at will. I wouldn't bet against this team beating last season's goal total.

ETA: Probably the hardest replacement to achieve that will be Lampard's scoring on the road. That man just loved to score in the weirdest and most frequent of ways. We'll need someone else to take over that characteristic if we're to do it.

Maxi has grown on me each time we have seen him. If we think of him as a Lampard swap as far as the spot he plays in our formation he has the potential to add a whole new dimension to the offense. He clearly adds a ton more mobility. How we cover Lampard's goals is TBD but we have already seen Maxi move considerably deeper in the midfield when we need link up help, something Lampard rarely did beyond a quick show for the ball. Heck it shouldn't have happened but when RJ messed up and got caught in space Maxi even slide over and covered the hole on the right. Super excited for the season, so much speed and athleticism all over the field.