2017 Roster Discussion

Maybe. A professional keeps his mouth shut and gets to work. I think it speaks volumes to the issues at play here.
Umm, the mere fact that you have any inside info on the situation sullies the ability for NYCFC to claim moral superiority. Until Mix posted his poem, nothing has leaked from his camp.

Umm, the mere fact that you have any inside info on the situation sullies the ability for NYCFC to claim moral superiority. Until Mix posted his poem, nothing has leaked from his camp.

I think there is a big difference between someone like me having an understanding of the issues at hand and one of the parties openly being a whiny bitch about it.

I think there is a big difference between someone like me having an understanding of the issues at hand and one of the parties openly being a whiny bitch about it.
There's a big difference between somebody like you, an outsider, being told "stuff" by people working for the club, and the guy involved posting a cryptic poem days before being given a pink slip buyout.

Don't be obtuse and myopic because of your feelings, you're way better than that.

http://www.atlutd.com/post/2017/02/...enwyne-jones-finalize-international-paperwork

How is it that Atlanta has two guys getting a green card already, and we are still waiting on Lurch and Jacky Boy?

Ok, board immigration lawyers help me out here...
Kenwyne Jones is from Trinidad & Tobago. He's played his entire career basically in England. Hasn't played a game for Atlanta United yet.
How can he have his green card already?

Note: the article is confusing, at the top it says that they have "finalized paperwork" and in the last paragraph it says "officially received" their green cards. Huh?

Kenwyne Jones is from Trinidad & Tobago. He's played his entire career basically in England. Hasn't played a game for Atlanta United yet.

Note: the article is confusing, at the top it says that they have "finalized paperwork" and in the last paragraph it says "officially received" their green cards. Huh?

Jack has been in the states for 6 years! WHERE IS HIS DAMN GREEN CARD?!?!

Reactions: SayWhat44
You'd think if they were to buyout Mix by the end of today, it would have been done by now. Of course, the information does not need to made public as it happens (because MLS).

So, we assume Mix has been bought out. When does it get announced? On Friday as MLS season starts and all the social media is on the first game of the season?

There's a big difference between somebody like you, an outsider, being told "stuff" by people working for the club, and the guy involved posting a cryptic poem days before being given a pink slip buyout.

Don't be obtuse and myopic because of your feelings, you're way better than that.

Well that was kind of a mean response

You'd think if they were to buyout Mix by the end of today, it would have been done by now. Of course, the information does not need to made public as it happens (because MLS).

So, we assume Mix has been bought out. When does it get announced? On Friday as MLS season starts and all the social media is on the first game of the season?
They need to release their roster list tomorrow so it will be public tomorrow at some point.

They need to release their roster list tomorrow so it will be public tomorrow at some point.

Unless he hasn't been bought out. Considering the numbers it makes no logical sense, but there really are a very limited number of hours for this to happen in.

Actually by the laws of the MLSPU bargaining agreement it happened on Monday if it happened. Since MLSPU requires a two day notice of a contract buyout. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't leaked by now. Then again with what passes for journalism now a days it could just be that someone forgot about who gets the information first.

Actually by the laws of the MLSPU bargaining agreement it happened on Monday if it happened. Since MLSPU requires a two day notice of a contract buyout. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't leaked by now. Then again with what passes for journalism now a days it could just be that someone forgot about who gets the information first.

Didn't Mix post his Walt Whitman epic on Monday? Makes sense then, CR would notify him as NYCFC had to file with the league on Monday.

I'm not surprised NYCFC isn't issuing a big press release saying "WE BOUGHT OUT MIX", I mean it's not necessarily a moment to be proud of. I expect a quiet "we wish him well in his future endeavors" if someone asks when the roster is published.

Well that was kind of a mean response
How was that mean? Obtuse and myoptic is not mean and is descriptive of your post about Mix. Your feelings (we all know you hate the guy) regarding the situation are what led you to call his posting of a poem, a "whiny bitch," that wasn't a logical analysis, because Mix was neither whiny nor inflammatory- he simply described the situation without taking a derogatory shot at NYCFC. He didn't slander the club. He didn't name names. He didn't do it anonymously. I've read a lot worse on glassdoor, and he didn't come close. He also hasn't been spreading rumors or innuendo about the situation before the poem. The only organization that has done both are NYCFC, both with their cryptic public statements, leaks to their supposedly neutral mouthpiece, and via back-channels like how you've been told "stuff."

My point to you is that you make good, intelligent posts, but any time you post anything that has to do with Mix, you let your emotions speak rather than rational thought. That's why you're better than these recent posts.

Reactions: BxLio91
Can't wait until Mix is gone so I can focuse my attention on how awful Shelton and RJ are again.

giphy.gif

Not a lawyer. But if he made enough money in the U.K. he could buy a commercial property here in the US and qualify for an EB-5. https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

Hmmm. I wonder if we (the US) has a special set up with T&T because Shannon Gomez is here on a GC as well.

How was that mean? Obtuse and myoptic is not mean and is descriptive of your post about Mix. Your feelings (we all know you hate the guy) regarding the situation are what led you to call his posting of a poem, a "whiny bitch," that wasn't a logical analysis, because Mix was neither whiny nor inflammatory- he simply described the situation without taking a derogatory shot at NYCFC. He didn't slander the club. He didn't name names. He didn't do it anonymously. I've read a lot worse on glassdoor, and he didn't come close. He also hasn't been spreading rumors or innuendo about the situation before the poem. The only organization that has done both are NYCFC, both with their cryptic public statements, leaks to their supposedly neutral mouthpiece, and via back-channels like how you've been told "stuff."

My point to you is that you make good, intelligent posts, but any time you post anything that has to do with Mix, you let your emotions speak rather than rational thought. That's why you're better than these recent posts.

I should have used the S/f I'm sorry

Correctness is orthogonal to nastiness.