2017 Roster Discussion

Let's wait for LA's roster release :)

Since we love to speculate that fact that the MLS is retaining his rights brings up some interesting possibilities:

1. Does another MLS team already have an agreement to take him? If yes then none of the rest of these apply but if no...
2. Did MLS contribute to the buy out? if so why..
3. Did MLS push Mix on CFG as a post Lampard scandal band aide because they wanted another marketable USMNT player in the league and Mix wanted to be in NY. In return CFG pushed MLS to take some portion of the finical accountability post fall out?

Also, if he's staying with MLS why was he in Norway trying to find a team? Maybe Mix does end up in Minn or another less desirable MLS local after finding interest in Europe less lucrative than he expected. Maybe his USMNT pedigree still holds enough weight to allow him to earn a bit of a premium in the MLS over Europe?

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
Doyle is going to look like an idiot again. He's basically saying we are a worse team than last year, when we're clearly better.

Doyle believes 2 things about NYCFC:
1. The only time they were any good last year was when Lampard scored goals.
2. The back line is a complete and utter tire fire.

Based on this, he won't pick NYCFC to be any good because 1) Lampard is gone and who will score the goals and 2) their back line is still a tire fire because NYCFC didn't sign a "tried and true" MLS centerback. Never mind what else they did: getting younger, a big upgrade in goal, more speed on the wings...nope.

Now, the team could regress, but you can't say objectively that the signings they made this season don't address a number of holes and *on paper* make the team better. Their new players could have trouble adjusting, they could underperfom their xG, SJ could be worse with the ball at his feet, Pirlo and Villa could regress...but it's lazy to just say "they are worse" given the changes made - which is the general consensus from the MLS talking heads.

Does this saga ever end? We now know we bought him out, but they end with MLS still owns him? So we still have to speculate what MLS is planning to do with him. You know what? Not our circus, not our monkey anymore. Let them speculate on the MLS page or somewhere. I wish Mix the best of luck in the future.

Ding Dong the Cap is fixed!!!

giphy.gif

So question on him "remaining in MLS"...

Does he become a free agent and can sign with any team?
Is he subject to the allocation order?
If he signs with a team, since he is still under contract with MLS, do they get him for "free"?

Reactions: Kjbert
Does this saga ever end? We now know we bought him out, but they end with MLS still owns him? So we still have to speculate what MLS is planning to do with him. You know what? Not our circus, not our monkey anymore. Let them speculate on the MLS page or somewhere. I wish Mix the best of luck in the future.

Ding Dong the Cap is fixed!!!

giphy.gif
the cap is fixed but it still cost the owner money. Now I get why the supporter packages were so cheapo. They knew this was coming and had to save.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

If he signs with a team, since he is still under contract with MLS, do they get him for "free"?
Since we have two threads firing, figured I would just mention that there is some discussion of these issues in the Mix roster thread.

Do we really care? I mean we're all curious. And I want to know as well. But our team's biggest issue was just resolved. Fatso and Slosh are gone too. It's like the club gave the Forums everything we asked for! (Except that CDM DP)

I don't see international spots listed by their names anymore. GREEN CARDS! Right?

So, we have 9 internationals listed and 11 spots. This can only mean two things: KHEDIRA AND TORRES IN THE SUMMER!

View attachment 6679
I'd love to see the salary cap shenanigans we pull off signing both of them. Pirlo's contract expiring only leaves one DP spot which means we can only do the Nigel De Jong jig with one player

Reactions: Kjbert
The big question is, who/what will become the next _________ in the "all threads eventually lead to _________"? Thank you to Mix for his services as the ___________.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam