2017 Roster Discussion

I don't see international spots listed by their names anymore. GREEN CARDS! Right?

So, we have 9 internationals listed and 11 spots. This can only mean two things: KHEDIRA AND TORRES IN THE SUMMER!

View attachment 6679
That's new, they were there yesterday (and maybe this morning as well)

Reactions: Kjbert
Just glad it's all over now. If been getting pretty sick of the whole topic and had no intention of contributing further to it, in all honesty.

Now my question here is this: since the rules seem to say that his contract still has to impact our budget, does that mean we also can't use any TAM to buy down another contract under the DP limit?

The transformation is finally complete.

C57emX8WYAE3bOu.jpg

We just got that much more dangerous this season.

Or did we? We could have been spending all off season under the assumption he was gone.

I think this is the assumption. They signed a handful of guys (Ring/Herrera/Wallace/etc.), putting them over the cap temporarily, knowing that by deadline day they'd use the cut to bring us back under.

If that isn't the case, then perhaps the "buy down Maxi, get summer DP" plan could still be a possibility.

The transformation is finally complete.

C57emX8WYAE3bOu.jpg

Has any other team in the league turned their roster over to the extent we have over the last couple of years? I wonder what the average is.

Regarding international designation. I posted earlier that Harrison and Johansen were no longer listed as internationals. The same is true for Matarrita. However, all three are listed as internationals on the MLS roster page.

upload_2017-3-2_13-32-1.png

Just glad it's all over now. If been getting pretty sick of the whole topic and had no intention of contributing further to it, in all honesty.

Now my question here is this: since the rules seem to say that his contract still has to impact our budget, does that mean we also can't use any TAM to buy down another contract under the DP limit?
His contract does not impact our Cap. The club has to pay his contract salary, but that's from their own "pocket" and not from the purse strings paying the Roster.

Regarding international designation. I posted earlier that Harrison and Johansen were no longer listed as internationals. The same is true for Matarrita. However, all three are listed as internationals on the MLS roster page.

View attachment 6682
Mix is still with the team according to the MLS transaction page. (Or, more accurately, isn't listed as having left)

Reactions: Kjbert
I think there's a money v. happiness lesson here. Not that Mix is by any means "unhappy," but the guy was a professional soccer player, in his prime, living the dream, and then he didn't see the field consistently for like 3 years because his father insisted on landing that fat check (eventually leading to a contract standoff / freeze-out).

I guess it's still possible he just slept with Reyna's wife, but I'm going with contract standoff for now. Shame.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam