2017 Roster Discussion

I probably should have read the full definition: search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

No malicious intent on my behalf...
I think the original reference was joking that Booth used your real name in his tweet (even though it was your own twitter handle).

...until Khedira gets here this summer

giphy.gif

Is that supposed to mean will be playing Kwame until Khedira arrives?

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Oh, okay, now I get it. I mean, I post similar things between here and my Twitter account. It's not a big deal.
That's OK. Jokes improve when discussed at length with reference to definitions over the course of multiple forum posts. This should really be in the Stadium thread.

Signing Khedira this summer makes absolutely no sense from a roster construction standpoint. You can always use a goalscorer and we could use a RB.

In the winter? Sure.

Better bet that our next BIG signing happens after the World Cup next summer. Khedira would be silly to leave for MLS now.

Cesc Fabregas Summer 2017

Fabregas or Iniesta would be amazing. Pretty sure they are both active members of the Spanish National Team though and won't likely be moving until after the World Cup. Same with Khedira and Germany.

Fernando Torres on the other hand... he's been saying he'd like to stay in Madrid but still no contract is signed.

Torres (Villa/Okoli)
Villa - Maxi - Harrison (Camargo/McNamara)
Pirlo - Ring (Herrera)
Matarrita - Callens - Chanot - Allen (Wallace utility player on the left side)

Yes please.

When Pirlo retires, it opens up a DP spot to bring in a new CM either over the winter of summer of 2018, but Ring and Herrera could be a good starting pair too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Fabregas or Iniesta would be amazing. Pretty sure they are both active members of the Spanish National Team though and won't likely be moving until after the World Cup. Same with Khedira and Germany.

Fernando Torres on the other hand... he's been saying he'd like to stay in Madrid but still no contract is signed.

Torres (Villa/Okoli)
Villa - Maxi - Harrison (Camargo/McNamara)
Pirlo - Ring (Herrera)
Matarrita - Callens - Chanot - Allen (Wallace utility player on the left side)

Yes please.
You're bad luck he just got a traumatic brain injury as you said that

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
MASSIVELY overlooked news today - squad numbers! The newbies in full:

2 - Sweat
6 - Callens
8 - Ring
9 - Okoli
10 - Moralez
12 - Stertzer
14 - Awuah
17 - Lewis
23 - Wallace
30 - Herrera
99 - Camargo

As a squad numbers purist, I am prepared to read ridiculous amounts into these choices:

* Ben Sweat wearing #2? Really?
* Can't see Ring not making the starting XI
* Is Callens preferred to Brillant at this point?
* Which new signing is most pissed off at the guys taking up some seriously valuable squad number real estate (lookin' at you Lopez and White)?
* Camargo is probably a dick
* Any superstars out there known for wearing 16, 18 or 20? They're all vacant right now (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer summer DP signing CONFIRMED)

MASSIVELY overlooked news today - squad numbers! The newbies in full:

2 - Sweat
6 - Callens
8 - Ring
9 - Okoli
10 - Moralez
12 - Stertzer
14 - Awuah
17 - Lewis
23 - Wallace
30 - Herrera
99 - Camargo

As a squad numbers purist, I am prepared to read ridiculous amounts into these choices:

* Ben Sweat wearing #2? Really?
* Can't see Ring not making the starting XI
* Is Callens preferred to Brillant at this point?
* Which new signing is most pissed off at the guys taking up some seriously valuable squad number real estate (lookin' at you Lopez and White)?
* Camargo is probably a dick
* Any superstars out there known for wearing 16, 18 or 20? They're all vacant right now (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer summer DP signing CONFIRMED)
Well done. But you shouldn't over-react to squad numbers. :cool:

Lopez can put whatever number he wants on his back, so long as its a hospital gown. #dltocutplease

Reactions: Kjbert