2017 Roster Discussion

I don't think our left wing is open. You will see some combo of T-Mac/Harrison there if we don't sign a DP winger and/or Shelton starts at RW. We also have a starting RB.

You can never have enough starting players at certain positions. Maybe this way we will win our Open Cup matches lol

You can never have enough starting players at certain positions. Maybe this way we will win our Open Cup matches lol
Yes but with a salary cap and no HGPs yet there is a limit on what is realistic. We already have two RBs on roster in Allen and Gomez and two players in Chanot and White that can fill in if needed.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Shelton isn't aggressive enough to a CF but he's very good at getting the ball up field and he's not bad at crossing.

I don't think our left wing is open. You will see some combo of T-Mac/Harrison there if we don't sign a DP winger and/or Shelton starts at RW. We also have a starting RB.
Both of those guys are out of position at LW, and RB could use a big upgrade.

That's coming from someone who loves Allen.

CDM is biggest for me though. I'm desperate for quality there

I think T Mac works fine on the left wing when you have mata bombing up and villa tending to naturally drift left, but how is Harrison out of position at lw?

Both of those guys are out of position at LW, and RB could use a big upgrade.

That's coming from someone who loves Allen.

CDM is biggest for me though. I'm desperate for quality there

Allen is best used as a jack of all trades FB and occasional Midfielder.

I think T Mac works fine on the left wing when you have mata bombing up and villa tending to naturally drift left, but how is Harrison out of position at lw?

I get Harrison has played almost exclusively RW for us, but he is a natural CAM and should thrive there for us.

Reactions: Kjbert
I get Harrison has played almost exclusively RW for us, but he is a natural CAM and should thrive there for us.

Our offense is supposed to be our bread and butter, yet Villa is our only goal scorer. We desperately need a goal scoring winger. Harrison and Pirlo behind him leading the attack with Villa, another goal scorer, and Shelton/McNamara/Carmago in the other wing spot would be excellent.

I've been seeing Khiry posting a lot on snapchat about him going to the training facility during the offseason and doing workouts. Hoping that's a sign that he's putting in the effort to get stronger and faster in the training room and hopefully some soccer training as well.

Assuming a 4-3-3, is this a fair assessment of our depth chart (players can overlap)...

Forwards: Villa, Harrison, McNamara, Shelton, Okoli
Midfielders: Pirlo, McNamara, Lopez, Harrison, Diskerud
Defenders: Chanot, Brillant, Allen, Mataritta, Mena, White, Gomez
Goalkeepers: Johnson, Johansen, Saunders, Rawls

Reactions: FootyLovin
I've been seeing Khiry posting a lot on snapchat about him going to the training facility during the offseason and doing workouts. Hoping that's a sign that he's putting in the effort to get stronger and faster in the training room and hopefully some soccer training as well.

Hope so. He definitely showed signs of improvement, though could be more consistent. He needs work on his 1v1. If he continues to get better, he could be a difference maker.

This is completely out of left field. So we'll have one DP going into 2017? It's like the start of 2015 all over again...

I'd like some clarity on all of this by Tuesday.

So Honda now and Khedira in the summer?
I'm not going to say it's fake yet. The account has 24k followers but also follows 20k+ and is a Tigres fan account. I'm not exactly buying into it either.