2017 Roster Discussion

Do we have a list of who has left the team and who we still have left for now?

Do we have a list of who has left the team and who we still have left for now?
I don't think the list is accurate at the moment. We apparently parted ways with Brandt but he just posted this...
Soooo maybe we didn't pick up his option for next year but he's still contracted through this year? Or like George John maybe we are just rehabbing him. Maybe it works for the team to still keep him as he doesn't count against the roster and is domestic. I have no clue.

image.png

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't think the list is accurate at the moment. We apparently parted ways with Brandt but he just posted this...
Soooo maybe we didn't pick up his option for next year but he's still contracted through this year? Or like George John maybe we are just rehabbing him. Maybe it works for the team to still keep him as he doesn't count against the roster and is domestic. I have no clue.

View attachment 6331

Would really be an incredible story if Brandt came back and was a contributor, even if it just meant the occasional sub and cup match.

Last edited:
Reactions: danger and adam
Looks like Mataritta, Allen, Shelton, Lopez, White, Gomez, and Brandt are going to Manchester based on social media posts.

That being said with MLS Preseason officially starting on January 23, does their trip to Manchester violate MLS or MLSPA agreements?

It's voluntary (let's be really, it is probably "highly recommended" to those invited, but not mandatory) so no.

Reactions: adam
If we pay for their travel, flight, and lodging, does it break any rules?

Without knowing all the facts, I'd be willing to bet Man City is paying for everything and if it really comes down to it, it is being called a "trial" rather than just training and getting ready for preseason.

I just read something somewhere about mata going to manchester
That's actually been out for a few weeks now. Brandt and the others are new. It's just odd that the club said it won't exercise his contract option for 2017 (checked email) so something had to have happened there. Perhaps they were interested or were planning on making moves which didn't work out and had to resign him.

View attachment 6331

Happy for him, by all accounts he's a really good guy that has had some bad break with injuries. I agree with dannd23 dannd23 it would be awesome if he ended up grabbing a spot on the squad.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul