2017 Roster Discussion

Most young rookie players asked to log a ton of minutes wear down physically by the end of the season. Add to it he started injured and that may be the reason why.
He didn't play for the first several months. So the presumption of more games with your valid concern lends credence to the skepticism.

We were never that old apart from the DPs.

Also, Ethan White shouldn't really be in the 2015 list.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
So all this talk about our youth movement had me thinking. Is this factual? So here's the facts. We actually got 0.1 years younger last year from our inaugural season. And we're hopefully not done with our signings this season, but we've dropped less then a year on average from last year with this supposed youth movement. But Lalas says we're building this team backwards... Don't get me wrong, I like what were doing talent wise and cap wise, but we're not that much younger overall then we were year 1. Maybe I need to just plug in starters and see if there's a more drastic difference.

View attachment 6337

We only drafted one player in 2016. We drafted three in 2017. That's a huge cause to the age difference.

Reactions: Kjbert
We were never that old apart from the DPs.

Also, Ethan White shouldn't really be in the 2015 list.

My bad. Removed Norris from 2015 (numbers are basically the same). And that DP comment is not true when looking at it.

Players over 30:
2015 - 10
2016 - 8
2017 - 4

Screenshot 2017-01-13 21.45.23.png

He didn't play for the first several months. So the presumption of more games with your valid concern lends credence to the skepticism.
By not playing because he was injured, he missed out on getting a good base of fitness in. Once he started playing, he played nearly non-stop, but he did this without the base that was needed. Thus, his body started to break down, and it was obvious in games that he looked sluggish.

With a full preseason this year, he should hold up for the duration.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
By not playing because he was injured, he missed out on getting a good base of fitness in. Once he started playing, he played nearly non-stop, but he did this without the base that was needed. Thus, his body started to break down, and it was obvious in games that he looked sluggish.

With a full preseason this year, he should hold up for the duration.
So our sports science guys suck. Not helping me feel better here, man.

ETA: I mean, I think it was pretty obvious that teams figured out he wasnt going to race to the end line and cross. When that threat was recognized as nonexistent, he really struggled. There are a limited number of times a winger has to run at an isolated defender before everyone catches on. The question really is whether or not he and the rest of the team can cope with his bread and butter fake out/cut in being shut off.

So our sports science guys suck. Not helping me feel better here, man.

ETA: I mean, I think it was pretty obvious that teams figured out he wasnt going to race to the end line and cross. When that threat was recognized as nonexistent, he really struggled. There are a limited number of times a winger has to run at an isolated defender before everyone catches on. The question really is whether or not he and the rest of the team can cope with his bread and butter fake out/cut in being shut off.
I agree. And I don't think he'll be in the wing this year because of it. I see Camargo and Lewis as wings, Harrison and macnamara competing for the ten.

The khedeira rumors make me think we are going to play without a CDM again. God help us

Reactions: Kjbert
Wat8.jpg

Brandt makes such a small salary he doesn't even count against the cap.
He's been injured since before he was drafted. Mix at least played. Brandt is a friend of Shelton\Mix that we keep on the payroll.

Khedira is a CDM, though. Or am I misunderstanding?

What he probably meant is if khedira signs with us, he won't be arriving till the summer, hence no CDM for half the season.

He's such a impactful player that I wouldn't mind the wait. Not saying that we'll have a horrible 1st half season coz I'm sure we'll add more than one cdm, but we play in a league that's so competitive that a 2-3 game winning streak can shift the playoff picture in an instant. Just look at the Sounders after Lodeiro came onboard.

I think you're expecting too much from Camargo he's depth that's all.
You think so? I think Vieira wants a rotating crop of young fast guys he can play on the wings. I think if he just wanted depth he could have kept Taylor for less than Camargo cost. And we have Shelton and McNamara for wing depth.

Wing was a major spot for improvement this year. I can't see him grabbing guys that will give him the same conundrum as last year.

Reactions: Christopher Jee