2017 Roster Discussion

We are going to be signing several more players. We need 2 centerbacks, another fullback, 2 defensive midfieders, and probably another attacker.

The question is whether we make any of these high quality signings - i.e. using TAM or having a salary at the high end of the allowed range (i.e. $300K plus).

There is no need for that on defense, as we have a solid starting back four right now. We do need a quality guy to be the 3rd CB, but I don't see big money going there. We also don't need more big money in the attack.

Where we might splurge is to get a guy to play the pivot for the first half of the year, and then be a quality sub once a DP arrives in the summer. That position is critical for us, and we can't afford to go half a season without a good quality player there or risk injury once a CM is brought in as a DP.

I can't believe that preseason starts on Monday and we're going into with four goalkeepers. Seriously, why is Saunders still on this roster? Can Chicago trade for him for 50K in GAM?

I can't believe that preseason starts on Monday and we're going into with four goalkeepers. Seriously, why is Saunders still on this roster? Can Chicago trade for him for 50K in GAM?
PV wants to play two mini games at the same time so he needs 4 GK. There of course will only be 4-5 field players on each team but whatevs.

Reactions: Kjbert
If you are committed to playing 3 true CBs in the back, then you can consider Allen as a MF.

Chanot/Brillant/CB
Allen/Pirlo/Mata
Harrison/McNamara
Villa/Shelton

That requires investment in another starting caliber CB. White is a backup. I think we need two CBs anyway, regardless of playing 2 or 3 in the back. Pirlo plays as a deep lying midfielder and roams. You have an athletic CB/Sweeper behind him to "clean up the mess" so to speak. Can certainly work. Allen and Mata fly up the wing. Harrison and McNamara control the midfield from an attacking position. Villa and Shelton drift wide like they do anyway from the forward position.

I still think we end up playing a 3-3-4. I wouldn't be surprised if the next signing is someone in that Sweeper mold that Iraola played defensively for us.

Last year they publicly dropped Wingert on January 30. We have until the season starts to drop a guaranteed contract without a charge. My working assumption is they're trying to dispose of Mix and Saunders and then potentially use the uncharged waiver on the other.

Last edited:
Went to work at 11 and there were 50 new posts. Check in on lunch at 3:30 and there's 190. We're back in business people!

Only things that could make it better...

- They could put the stadium at St. John's
- Mix Diskerud is a terrible human being and Midas Mulligan and Tom in Fairfield CT are mean
- Angela Miller Angela Miller needs a restraining order

Did I do that right?

2017 TRANSFER TRACKER

By this date in 2016 (Jan 17), we had
- transferred out 9 players (Meara, Grabavoy, Watson-Siraboe, Brovsky, Alvarez, Angelino, Facey, Calle and Velasquez)
- transferred in 1 player (White)
- drafted 1 player (Harrison)

By today's date in 2017, we have
- transferred out 10 players (Lampard, Iraola, Ballouchy, Brandt, Hernandez, Martinez, Taylor, Bravo, Mendoza, Mena)
- transferred in 3 players (Okoli, S. Johnson, Camargo)
- drafted 5 players (Lewis, Awuah, Brown, Wingate, Degraffenriedt)

After today's date in 2016, we acquired 8 players before the start of the season
- Matarrita 1/20
- Martinez 1/22
- Lopez 1/26
- Brillant 1/28
- Bravo 2/20
- Gomez 3/3
- Rawls 3/3
- Mendoza 3/10

I was hoping for an overlay showing how the new Juventus logo might fit into Red Bull Arena.
TheStadium.png

Only things that could make it better...

- They could put the stadium at St. John's
- Mix Diskerud is a terrible human being and Midas Mulligan and Tom in Fairfield CT are mean
- Angela Miller Angela Miller needs a restraining order

Did I do that right?
So I'm innocently going about my day minding my own business and this comes up.!!! WTH?? Goodfella I'd like to call upon your specialty services on this K Kjbert ! I almost went back on my word to call him THAT NAME ! I never had much use for Michelle Obama, but in her honer on her way out....When They Go Low I'm Going High!

On my bat shit crazy straight jacket proud make no apology for loving Andrea restraining order ass The sun will come out tomorrow so HAVE A NICE DAY !!

Thinking the same thing at this point. But who knows.... No one expected the team to move up to the #3 spot in the draft. Seems like they play things pretty close to the vest.

If by close than you mean about six inches behind the sternum, then I totally agree.

Reactions: Ulrich