2017 Roster Discussion

I hope he takes plenty of time to get healthy, and then gets a nice loan to get back to fitness. And then he's traded.

I'd buy another season ticket or six I don't use if it guaranteed I didn't have to see him on the field.

Which brings up an interesting idea - can we start a go fund me to pay him not to play? Like the government pays farmers not to grow corn?
In before T Tom in Fairfield CT makes comparison to CFG paying Mix not to play.

Reactions: Kjbert
Going on sort of a rant! I am pissed at our lack of moves this offseason! Man city drop 30m on a bench player in the 2nd window yet we can't eve drop 5-10m on a young promising player for years to come! I know for a fact we'd have options if we were willing to pay and this offseason has been a total disappointment thus far. Lost a lot replaced little. I don't want Sami khedira I want a young dp like Atlanta united! We definitely can afford it! Alright hope everybody is having a good day.

Reactions: Kjbert
Going on sort of a rant! I am pissed at our lack of moves this offseason! Man city drop 30m on a bench player in the 2nd window yet we can't eve drop 5-10m on a young promising player for years to come! I know for a fact we'd have options if we were willing to pay and this offseason has been a total disappointment thus far. Lost a lot replaced little. I don't want Sami khedira I want a young dp like Atlanta united! We definitely can afford it! Alright hope everybody is having a good day.

Some of these first posts ever...

giphy.gif

You are aware that the Winter transfer window is when far less moves occur throughout soccer, right? It's the Summer window where massive moves are made and likely our third DP will be bought.

You are aware that the Winter transfer window is when far less moves occur throughout soccer, right? It's the Summer window where massive moves are made and likely our third DP will be bought.
Am I aware? Man I know more about mls than you I bet.... I'm sure you're aware of the saying "money talks" and by the way other teams in our league are making moves in this current window. #moneytalks

I just wanted to know if other fans were concerned/disappointed
All legit thoughts. I still expect some meaningful moves over the next few days to fill out some glaring remaining holes, so I'm reserving judgment in the short term. As for a DP, I can't think of many realistic options who even with a blank check would realistically move this window (other than maybe a Honda, or some SA/CA league players who wouldn't be as sexy). For me, Khedira checks all the boxes (with a prayer for good health) so I would accept the downsides of a late start.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
All legit thoughts. I still expect some meaningful moves over the next few days to fill out some glaring remaining holes, so I'm reserving judgment in the short term. As for a DP, I can't think of many realistic options who even with a blank check would realistically move this window (other than maybe a Honda, or some SA/CA league players who wouldn't be as sexy). For me, Khedira checks all the boxes (with a prayer for good health) so I would accept the downsides of a late start.
There are plent of young players from South America or eredivisie we could get with great potential if we were willing to spend. Tons of talent we could acquire with our 3rd dp spot.

There are plent of young players from South America or eredivisie we could get with great potential if we were willing to spend. Tons of talent we could acquire with our 3rd dp spot.
Which is what we have already done so far outside of the DP spot with some hits and some misses, and which we will continue to do.