2017 Roster Discussion

Reactions: Kjbert
http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2017/0...ign-defender-jelle-van-damme-new-deal-insider

Seems like we would have to sign Mix to a new deal in order to be able to buy him down with TAM.
I don't think you're interpreting it correctly, because it's poorly written.

JVD is currently a TAM player. LA wants to make him a 1semester DP so that they don't have to spend TAM on him. Then when they sign a new DP during the summer, JVD goes back to being bought down with TAM.

With Mix, we can keep buying him down with whatever means we've been doing. But if we want to designate him a DP for the 1st semester until Khedira(?) joins, like has been discussed in the boards, then evidently he would need a new contract that allows the DP/TAM switch mid contract. I doubt Mix agrees to that unless he has the same guarantees/protections he has now.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

JVD is currently a TAM player. LA wants to make him a 1semester DP so that they don't have to spend TAM on him. Then when they sign a new DP during the summer, JVD goes back to being bought down with TAM.

With Mix, we can keep buying him down with whatever means we've been doing. But if we want to designate him a DP for the 1st semester until Khedira(?) joins, like has been discussed in the boards, then evidently he would need a new contract that allows the DP/TAM switch mid contract. I doubt Mix agrees to that unless he has the same guarantees/protections he has now.

And that makes it even more likely that Mix gets cut/moved before the season.

I understand it completely. Mix needs to sign a new contract in order to become a DP. If he was a DP, we can buy him down with TAM if we sign a 3rd DP in summer like LA plans to do this summer. This shows you cant just make someone who makes over the threshold a DP without signing a new contract or they would have just made Van Damme a new DP without a new contract.

That's always been the rule with TAM. The first mixdebate was since the rule was made shortly after Mix was signed, did Garber allow an exemption for Mix to count as a TAM player? I don't think we ever got the answer to that one either.
TAM didn't exist when we signed Mix. We bought him down with GAM. Since he was never a DP, we couldn't use TAM to buy him down.

TAM didn't exist when we signed Mix. We bought him down with GAM. Since he was never a DP, we couldn't use TAM to buy him down.

It didn't. But was created shortly after for LAG. And we all wondered if we got an exemption because the timing of the rule and the requirement of happening at time of signing.

You're 100% positive we used GAM?

It didn't. But was created shortly after for LAG. And we all wondered if we got an exemption because the timing of the rule and the requirement of happening at time of signing.

You're 100% positive we used GAM?

giphy.gif

Just did a quick google search:

Jackson Martinez
Ramires
Alex Teixiera
Hulk
Ezequiel Lavezzi
Graziano Pelle
Gael Kakuta
Asamoah Gyan
Stephanie M'bia
Gervinho
Demba Ba
Obafemi Martins

Article was posted in July 2016 so not sure if all are still in the league, but recent additions Tevez and Oscar will most likely stay put in the league.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
So what kind of names are we talking about here?
Doing a quick unreliable search, it looks like Shanghai has Tevez, Martins, Ba, Kim Kee-hee, Fredy Guarin, and Giovanni Moreno as internationals, making the later 3 in the hypothetical expendable category. Don't know enough about those three to assess whether that would be difference-making quality. With Shanghai possibly/likely one of the deeper teams (though WTF do I know about the CSL), other teams may have even less foreign depth.

"His word were, "just got a scope on my ancle bro, nothing too bad. I'll be back soon!"
I hope he takes plenty of time to get healthy, and then gets a nice loan to get back to fitness. And then he's traded.

I'd buy another season ticket or six I don't use if it guaranteed I didn't have to see him on the field.

Which brings up an interesting idea - can we start a go fund me to pay him not to play? Like the government pays farmers not to grow corn?

Last edited: