2017 Roster Discussion

How certain are we of this? He hasn't posted anything since Saturday from Norway. He could have flown back to New York and boarded the JetBlue flight with the team to Jacksonville without being on any social media posts.
Two hours ago he posted a photo labeled "outfit for the Norwegian mountain"

Reactions: Kjbert
So if Mix is missing, the next question is wether Saunders is there. If I recall correctly it was few days of Wingert missing from camp last year before we found out about the cut.
If Saunders is there, and Mix was cut via the Direct-deposit method, then they better have a legit plan for moving Saunders because that's a lot of $ to have tied up in a superfluous GK.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
If Saunders is there, and Mix was cut via the Direct-deposit method, then they better have a legit plan for moving Saunders because that's a lot of $ to have tied up in a superfluous GK.

I'd rather have $150k tied up instead of $750k tied up. I also think Saunders is possible to move within the MLS, even if we eat a majority of the salary.

I'd rather have $150k tied up instead of $750k tied up. I also think Saunders is possible to move within the MLS, even if we eat a majority of the salary.
And at least Saunders didn't sabotage our GAL stadium deal.

Reactions: mgarbowski and adam
From purely a monetary position, yes.

Reactions: adam
Can someone help Saunders sign up for Instagram Stories or Snapchat so that we can keep tabs on him?
As I always tell my kids, if you put yourself out on social media, you are subjecting yourself to criticism, mockery, etc. Apparently Josh has figured that one out :)

Reactions: Ulrich and JayH

Trade Saunders to Team A thru Team B. We pay $50k, Team A pays $50k, and Team B pays $50k. We donate $25k allocation money to Team B for their troubles. Saunders affects nobody's cap due to not being among the top 20 paid players on any of the three teams.

And at least Saunders didn't sabotage our GAL stadium deal.

Are you sure about this? Him and de Blasio are equally evil to me.

Can someone help Saunders sign up for Instagram Stories or Snapchat so that we can keep tabs on him?

We need to get his daughter on social media. She'll have the real info. Does dad have a job? Is he moving?

Reactions: JayH
Are you sure about this? Him and de Blasio are equally evil to me.
I don't reveal my sources (through Forums thread cross-referencing). I just assume everyone reads every post in every thread on here (with the exception of the Big Bang Theory and Driving Manual Lessons threads).

Reactions: adam
- SuperDraft: Awuah, Brown, Wingate, and Degraffenreidt have NOT yet signed a contract.
- Trialist: Connor Brandt, Columbus Crew defender Ben Sweat, ex-Seattle midfielder Michael Farfan, midfielder John Stertzer who used to play for Real Salt Lake and Haitian u20 international forward, Roberto Louima
- NYCFC Academy Product James Sands will be with the team ONLY for the Jacksonville part of the trip.
- Saunders and Mix are NOT with the travelling squad for preseason.

"Sporting Director Claudio Reyna revealed that there are still transactions to get over the line before the big MLS kickoff in March but is pleased with the deals done so far.

Reyna said: 'We were really happy with the recruitment we’ve undertaken so far in the offseason and we’re working to try to find solutions for the players who are not joining us in Jacksonville.

'While there are still some additions for us to make, we feel as though we’ve got the foundations of a competitive, exciting, hungry squad.'"

Last edited:
Sporting Director Claudio Reyna revealed that there are still transactions to get over the line before the big MLS kickoff in March but is pleased with the deals done so far.

Reyna said: “We were really happy with the recruitment we’ve undertaken so far in the offseason and we’re working to try to find solutions for the players who are not joining us in Jacksonville.

“While there are still some additions for us to make, we feel as though we’ve got the foundations of a competitive, exciting, hungry squad.

WOW. Both Mix and Saunders are not listed. There has to be announcement coming soon!

Michael Farfan would be an excellent depth signing and probably fairly cheap.
I don't have much of an opinion on him or Stertzer, but I would have thought that one of the two of them has a decent shot at making the team as a depth guy in the midfield. Cheap, non-International.

Reactions: Kjbert and dannd23
So what is the situation with Brandt? I can't remember exactly what happened. His contract was not extended, right? But now he is back with the team for a trial.

Reactions: Kjbert