2017 Roster Discussion

all this news today .....is Friday the new Monday with news coming out?

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/01/27/lopez-out-12-16-weeks

I think this post is the most transparent the club has ever been.

That timeline would have him miss most of March and April, with a likely return by mid-May.

I never wish injury upon anyone, but I will say this is convenient for those of us who were worried Vieira was going to rely on Lopez early in the season. Now we *have* to bring in another midfielder.

That timeline would have him miss most of March and April, with a likely return by mid-May.

I never wish injury upon anyone, but I will say this is convenient for those of us who were worried Vieira was going to rely on Lopez early in the season. Now we *have* to bring in another midfielder.

And if we can move Mix, we'll have $900,000 in cap room (cap + unused GAM/TAM) to do so!

Reactions: Kjbert
If how they handled Lampard's injuries is any indication, 12-16 weeks is PR for 24-32 weeks.

Mikey, if you're reading this. Please don't post sight seeing photos and you on the treadmill on instagram over the next few months.

Reactions: Kjbert
And if we can move Mix, we'll have $900,000 in cap room (cap + unused GAM/TAM) to do so!
Hopefully we do something more ambitious to fill the CDM hole, but one place we should look for a trade is San Jose. They need a lot of help generally, but have a glut of CDMs in Fatai Alashe, Darwin Ceren and Anibal Godoy. I only watched a handful of their matches last year given time zones and the fact that they play boring, ugly, soccer, but I have to think any of those three could help us.

Hopefully we do something more ambitious to fill the CDM hole, but one place we should look for a trade is San Jose. They need a lot of help generally, but have a glut of CDMs in Fatai Alashe, Darwin Ceren and Anibal Godoy. I only watched a handful of their matches last year given time zones and the fact that they play boring, ugly, soccer, but I have to think any of those three could help us.

We could easily bring in one of those guys and add a DP too.

For DP and GAM/TAM openings, you should expect a GAM/TAM CDM and a DP #10.

This squad lacks a gamebreaker. I don't know if Ofori is that player or not, and while a rock of a #6 would do wonders for our possession and defense, but someone that can break the game open on the counter attack and provide service for Villa and our wingers would take this team to the next level.

Hell, go out and see what it would cost to get Piatti.

Reactions: adam and Gavin23
I just search NYCFC on Twitter. Christian Araos actually found this before I did lol
Search Emo Hyndman if you want the definition of "exactly what we could use in a midfielder".

We'll be lucky to see an effort like the one he had for Rangers today even once in the next 3-4 years. We sure haven't yet.

If we had someone like him and a good young dm who could tackle and handle the ball, I wouldn't even care about another dp.

Search Emo Hyndman if you want the definition of "exactly what we could use in a midfielder".

We'll be lucky to see an effort like the one he had for Rangers today even once in the next 3-4 years. We sure haven't yet.

If we had someone like him and a good young dm who could tackle and handle the ball, I wouldn't even care about another dp.
Yeah, awesome today and a young stud, but I think you just want to start a Saturday night emo lyric party.