2017 Roster Discussion

I know it's really easy to blame Jason Kreis for everything but he was fired right after the season was over. Saunders signed his extension last December.

Well Vieira wasn't involved in that decision. So it's 99% Reyna and 1% Kreis.

He's very good. I just don't know what we'd do with him. Maybe Villa on the wings? Or Villa playing as a number 10 instead of a 9 since he's already been dropping into the midfield so much? I guess it doesn't matter too much since we're very loosey goosey with positions but still it seems like a weird choice to get a forward as opposed to a midfielder but maybe Villa will be our new midfielder.

I agree it's weird. We aren't going to do anything with him because it's a pointless rumor that was likely generated by his agent. Are we supposed to believe that we are going to go from spending over 6 mil a year on our first 3 DPs to dropping around 1.5 mil on a Liga MX cast off? Come on. I know we are all desperate for info but wasting time on this is pointless.

I agree it's weird. We aren't going to do anything with him because it's a pointless rumor that was likely generated by his agent. Are we supposed to believe that we are going to go from spending over 6 mil a year on our first 3 DPs to dropping around 1.5 mil on a Liga MX cast off? Come on. I know we are all desperate for info but wasting time on this is pointless.

We might. I don't think there is any guarantee the first three were anything more than a marketing stunt.

Reactions: gbservis
NYCFC Nation is reporting that harold Cummings is close to a move to MLS. He was previously linked to us via the Crooks pipeline.

24 year old Panamanian CB who currently plays for Matarrita's old team, Alajuelense.

Would likely be a Mena Replacement.

Reactions: Kjbert
We might. I don't think there is any guarantee the first three were anything more than a marketing stunt.

I think they absolutely were a marketing stunt, but I also think NYCFC is always going to have at least one, maybe two big-name international stars. It probably comes with the territory of being one of the big-name, big-city teams in the league.

That being said, I also love how nearly every player NYCFC is being linked with lately is young. Even if we always have those big-name stars, it's cool to see so many young players on the squad.

Reactions: Kjbert and joe

One of the reports mentioned he would need to take a pay cut to move, and he was currently making $1.8 million a season. With the TAM bump the league gave, it's not out of the realm of possibility we could get him on a $1 million contract paid down with TAM.

That said, I agree that this rumor has all the signs of being generated by an agent.

One of the reports mentioned he would need to take a pay cut to move, and he was currently making $1.8 million a season. With the TAM bump the league gave, it's not out of the realm of possibility we could get him on a $1 million contract paid down with TAM.

That said, I agree that this rumor has all the signs of being generated by an agent.
I will be in CR to see the alalujense game next week! I'll make sure to send scouting reports. My host brother is a RB on the team.

Crooks: I have info but won't reveal until 100%.
Forums: What a jerk. Tell us now.
Crooks: OK, might be Cummings.

[Cummings signs elsewhere]

Forums: Fuck Glenn Crooks.
Sorry, but 99% (self-described) is as good of information as anybody gets. If he was so worried about 1/100 chance of being wrong, he never should have said anything. Evidently he was worried enough to only troll, so he never should have said anything.

Reactions: Kjbert