2018 Roster Discussion

We have very few games to go off of on this kid, anyone that was projecting him as a starter or an immediate impact player for us was making a giant assumption off very little game time. This may be a good thing, maybe he's not ready and this allows us to go out and get a backup CB that's not 19 years old and about half a season into his pro career.

We have very few games to go off of on this kid, anyone that was projecting him as a starter or an immediate impact player for us was making a giant assumption off very little game time. This may be a good thing, maybe he's not ready and this allows us to go out and get a backup CB that's not 19 years old and about half a season into his pro career.

I hear you. But I've also seen how this club scrambles for their plan B when their original signings don't work out.

MLS free agent options: Jason Hernandez, Chirs Wingert
giphy.gif

This new TAM is fantastic for US Soccer. Pushes fringe players into retirement or NASL/USL.

This new TAM is fantastic for US Soccer. Pushes fringe players into retirement or NASL/USL.

im seeing a lot of "why is team X not giving americans a chance" posts lately .....i mean any kid worth playing 1st team minutes is probably trying to go to europe asap and all we get are college kids and may just end up in USL 2 teams ....anyone else "established" players are probably not that good or not worth the high salaries

Reactions: adam
I can’t tell if you’re serious or sarcastic.

Serious. More money leading to better product, even with the league expanding. Pushes the fringe players down a tier. There is an influx of better talent into MLS, pushing the fringe guys down a level.

Reactions: JayH and adam
Serious. More money leading to better product, even with the league expanding. Pushes the fringe players down a tier. There is an influx of better talent into MLS, pushing the fringe guys down a level.

Agreed

Reactions: Kjbert