2020 NYCFC Kit Thread

Someone needs a new line of work.
BJBcis on point. The one with the crazy person handwriting and the circle with an X is better than the official result.
The weird division between the collar/shoulders and the the rest of the shirt below looks like it was improperly sewn.
It’s basically atrocious.
I feel like someone is daring me to buy and wear something I know looks terrible.
I actually think our home kit is kind of bleh but wouldn’t you know I bought one anyway.

BJBcis on point. The one with the crazy person handwriting and the circle with an X is better than the official result.
The weird division between the collar/shoulders and the the rest of the shirt below looks like it was improperly sewn.
I feel like someone is daring me to buy and wear something I know looks terrible.
I actually think our home kit is kind of bleh but wouldn’t you know I bought one anyway.
Thanks VernonJohn, it was cheeky post but there's truth behind every joke...
As much as I dislike the designs for every club, they are also gonna expose the awkwardness of MLS's policy to alternate new designs only every other year. Matches are gonna be rough on the eyes this season with one team outfitted in last seasons fairly unique design clashing with an opponent in these QuickPaint kits.
Purchasing a new replica every year is a lot of $$ for us fans, but there's gotta be a better alternative than wild swings in templates every other year

I'll probably buy this one too because I want to keep the streak alive.

This. I actually had high hopes with the bear claw, which is a throwback to the classic early 90s adidas template. But that stupid radial seam line looks amateurish. The only good secondary we’ve had was the 2015 one. Glad I bought two. The hypnoKit design looked good on the STH cookie tin, but that’s about it.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
But that stupid radial seam line looks amateurish.
I imagine it will be quite irritating to have a seam sit on the chest like that. There's still an armhole seam too, which they could have avoided with this one, but would have probably been even more chafey.

It's basically only there to replace the seam that usually goes down the shoulder line, so that the shoulder stripes can sit on the shoulder without going over a seam. But even then, a raglan sleeve would have been much more comfortable. Seam work that sacrifices comfort and fit for the benefit of branding is pretty abhorrent conceptually.

Reactions: adam and VernonJohn
I actually haven't bought any of the jerseys the team has had over the years, but I did just get this jersey-like shirt from Football Town and am excited to wear this to some matches. Not sure if this was posted in the New Swag thread, I don't really venture there.

1580394056644.png

Also, I was hopeful they would have an awesome shirt for the USMNT because their club stuff seems so great, but I was pretty disappointed in the USMNT options.

I actually haven't bought any of the jerseys the team has had over the years, but I did just get this jersey-like shirt from Football Town and am excited to wear this to some matches. Not sure if this was posted in the New Swag thread, I don't really venture there.

View attachment 10580

Also, I was hopeful they would have an awesome shirt for the USMNT because their club stuff seems so great, but I was pretty disappointed in the USMNT options.

yes it was in swag thread, i got one myself ....i caved during the black friday sale.

View attachment 10580

[/QUOTE

That's a nice looking jersey.

View attachment 10580

yes it was in swag thread, i got one myself ....i caved during the black friday sale.
How do you recommend sizing? I usually wear medium kits (replica) and adidas authentics I would get a large. Should I go up one size, or two? I heard the shirts are very slim.

How do you recommend sizing? I usually wear medium kits (replica) and adidas authentics I would get a large. Should I go up one size, or two? I heard the shirts are very slim.

so for me, the medium that i order from them was slightly more loose than the authentic home 2017/2018 jersey. in terms of length it was pretty much the same. im kinda slim so i think i lucked out but you can order one size bigger to play it safe.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I liked this kit when I first saw it (in photos on the Bk Bridge) but I also thought that the only template aspect was the three stripes on the shoulder. After seeing more leaks, it's obvious that we were working primarily within a template which is somewhat disappointing, but expected.
Seen it a few months ago and I still hate how we’re using designs from other teams. Last away was Colombia inspired design. And now this....
For whatever reason, I didn't mind this borrow. I think it's probably one of the kits I like best. Probably because I liked that whole crop of World Cup Adidas jerseys, in particular Japan's
adidas-2018.jpg

Found it . This was a pretty common template in the 90s and while it could use an update it would have been a better model for this year than what they chose. I always liked this one. I’m generally partial to adidas but it’s boring as hell to have the whole league wearing a template.

Attachments

• F5840D27-53CB-4C34-8472-A26CDB9D3D0C.jpeg
    F5840D27-53CB-4C34-8472-A26CDB9D3D0C.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 13
Found it . This was a pretty common template in the 90s and while it could use an update it would have been a better model for this year than what they chose. I always liked this one. I’m generally partial to adidas but it’s boring as hell to have the whole league wearing a template.
Another one, this time with a sponsor:

I prefer it without the waist stripes but pretty sharp nonetheless. I’m still a little pissed that my high school coach didn’t set aside one for me when they retired them. And agree with you on all counts re the MLS designs. Toronto is best, RBNY bless their hearts, did a pretty good job, and the Revs kit is as bad as their inaugural kit.

I prefer it without the waist stripes but pretty sharp nonetheless. I’m still a little pissed that my high school coach didn’t set aside one for me when they retired them. And agree with you on all counts re the MLS designs. Toronto is best, RBNY bless their hearts, did a pretty good job, and the Revs kit is as bad as their inaugural kit.
This reminded me of a story I remember reading about one of the Gallagher (oasis) brothers buying then-current sneakers in size 9 for his son so he could have some proper grail by the time he was an adult. Nice moves.

Reactions: Ulrich
This reminded me of a story I remember reading about one of the Gallagher (oasis) brothers buying then-current sneakers in size 9 for his son so he could have some proper grail by the time he was an adult. Nice moves.
The horror if his son only grows to be a size 8.....

• Haha