2021 Roster Discussion

Circling back on this -- it looks like Celta Viga was unable to complete the purchase of Cervi. They say they will circle back after the season, but maybe that allows NYCFC to make another run at him?

i dont think he wants to come though, he will wait for the summer. Especially since he knows Coudet who coaches at Celta.

Reactions: Kjbert
i dont think he wants to come though, he will wait for the summer. Especially since he knows Coudet who coaches at Celta.

Did he not want to come because he thought he was bound for La Liga, or did he not want to come, period? And has his decision-making changed now that his deal to La Liga didn't happen? I'm not saying this means we're going to get him, I just wonder if the team circles back and sees if anything has changed for the player.

no his decision wont change because Coudet says he is still his priority for the summer, so i think its a waste going after him again.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/celta/2021/02/04/601bcd85ca474126708b4590.html

According to the article there´s a lot of moving pieces: he's started getting more minutes at Benfica, so if he continues in good form through the Spring, Benfica may not want to transfer him when the window opens again, especially to a club that dragged it feet trying to lower the price like Celta apparently did. According to the article, Benfica´s coach stopped the transfer. Also, it is notable that the article refers to him as "Celta´s stellar transfer for this summer" despite the fact that the deal apparently was for 4 million plus an extra 4 depending on milestones. That sounds super low for a mid-table LaLiga team, but COVID19 may have changed the soccer world momentarily. Or the article is BS.

According to the article there´s a lot of moving pieces: he's started getting more minutes at Benfica, so if he continues in good form through the Spring, Benfica may not want to transfer him when the window opens again, especially to a club that dragged it feet trying to lower the price like Celta apparently did. According to the article, Benfica´s coach stopped the transfer. Also, it is notable that the article refers to him as "Celta´s stellar transfer for this summer" despite the fact that the deal apparently was for 4 million plus an extra 4 depending on milestones. That sounds super low for a mid-table LaLiga team, but COVID19 may have changed the soccer world momentarily. Or the article is BS.

all im getting at is that this dude is not coming here. Also outside of madrid/ barca/ possibly atletico la liga teams are not big spenders because there is not much money to spend. 8M is probably on the higher end for a team like celta.

Reactions: Majik and Marito
I have no opinion how reliable this is.

View attachment 11016
View attachment 11015
This isn't a comment on the validity of the rumor, but moreso on this account's opinion on the quality of the player (and I don't think me disagreeing with this account's thoughts on the quality of the player discredits the rumor), but how the hell does this account see him as "potential to become a Tinnerholm caliber player"?

This isn't a comment on the validity of the rumor, but moreso on this account's opinion on the quality of the player (and I don't think me disagreeing with this account's thoughts on the quality of the player discredits the rumor), but how the hell does this account see him as "potential to become a Tinnerholm caliber player"?

age, and maybe because both are Scandinavian ? lol

22 and not playing for the Danish senior team. Yeesh

If this is the best our sporting department can do with a boatload of GAM and two DP spots open...
giphy.gif

Yeah, you can tell his analysis is that this is great because we traded Matarrita and, um , this guy also plays left back. Which is opposite right back, so TINNERBOOM 2.0.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
If this is the best our sporting department can do with a boatload of GAM and two DP spots open...
giphy.gif

Of course it's not the best they can do. If it's true, it's one signing of probably four or five major ones they're going to make.

FC Cincy just dropped $33 million in two players tonight.

I think the focus on these leagues is because they believe they are getting deals.