2022 Roster Discussion

this does not really help though. He is not an 8 and not a defender or DM. i know its a desperate move but does not really fix anything. weird move.

If Haak can grow up, and Santi moves to the 10, it can can help. A true Keaton replacement would be ideal, but a body - with promise - is a body.

Maybe they can just play Santi at the 10 and Maxi and Acevedo as dual 6's. Maxi as regista isn't the worst experiment in MLS considering the erratic attacking talent level.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
If Haak can grow up, and Santi moves to the 10, it can can help. A true Keaton replacement would be ideal, but a body - with promise - is a body.

Maybe they can just play Santi at the 10 and Maxi and Acevedo as dual 6's. Maxi as regista isn't the worst experiment in MLS considering the erratic attacking talent level.

i cant expect a huge leap in quality in Haak as he is just getting significant minutes. i still dont like the maxi acevedo dual 6. its too slow. maxi needs to be higher or if he must be back there he needs better partner than acevedo.

Reactions: moogoo
Reactions: Kjbert
Seems to be more of a "can't pass up the value" kind of transaction than looking to sign a player at a position of need.

Want to be clear, I'm not disappointed with this move, think you have to pull the trigger on this when this opportunity presents itself, just would like an 8 or a LB to be signed.

Seems to be more of a "can't pass up the value" kind of transaction than looking to sign a player at a position of need.

Want to be clear, I'm not disappointed with this move, think you have to pull the trigger on this when this opportunity presents itself, just would like an 8 or a LB to be signed.
He's been on waivers for a while. So I guess now is the amount of time left in his 2022 contract that fits what's left in our 2022 budget.

For some reason they call him a midfielder and not an attacker as he's described everywhere else. A case of trying to make an 8 out of a winger? Wouldn't be the first time we forced a player out of position cause we needed it.

For some reason they call him a midfielder and not an attacker as he's described everywhere else. A case of trying to make an 8 out of a winger? Wouldn't be the first time we forced a player out of position cause we needed it.

per one dude on reddit thread. he played as a LM drifted more centrally. apparently at times played in a kind of 6 role in estudiantes. so we will see what happens.

per one dude on reddit thread. he played as a LM drifted more centrally. apparently at times played in a kind of 6 role in estudiantes. so we will see what happens.
That would be really nice if he's capable of that. I've now heard from a few spots that he played a bit deeper in Argentina as well.

Reactions: moogoo
I liked Pellegrini when he played for an unbelievable disjointed and poorly put together Miami team. I considered him to be an 8, not a winger. Our biggest need today is midfield depth and simply moving the ball through the midfield from the back to our forwards. Pellegrini is very good on the ball. He is going to be a big help down the stretch. If

That would be really nice if he's capable of that. I've now heard from a few spots that he played a bit deeper in Argentina as well.
Nick initially described him as a mix between a winger and a midfielder in the press conference today.

I'm sure we'll have some more extended thoughts from Nick during his 1 on 1 with Crooks later.

No, because "quit on" is such a ridiculous statement.

They absolutely should have done some things better as I think everyone has been saying for a while now. But "quit on" is just ridiculous Skip Bayless level hyperbole.

No. Everyone was not saying this. I was and folks didn’t like it. And we’re now what without Taty? 0-4-1?

Reactions: Vallos
No. Everyone was not saying this. I was and folks didn’t like it. And we’re now what without Taty? 0-4-1?

We all agree that we should have done better. No one said otherwise. We just (I'll speak for myself, anyway) disagreed with your outlook that moving Taty on loan was a bad decision. The outgoing is not the same as the incoming, in my opinion. I think moving taty was a necessary move. I still think we have enough attacking power that it should be fine, to be honest.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Ok, just because people weren’t saying it with the same hyperbolic sentiment you were doesn’t mean they weren’t saying it.

Keaton was on the training field today based on pictures from the clubs IG account. No idea if that means he’s close to returning or not, but seems important to note.

Has a wicked scar going up his left leg

Keaton was on the training field today based on pictures from the clubs IG account. No idea if that means he’s close to returning or not, but seems important to note.

Has a wicked scar going up his left leg
In a Twitter chat I'm in, he told someone at training that he hopes to be back by MLS Cup. Which would mean November.

In a Twitter chat I'm in, he told someone at training that he hopes to be back by MLS Cup. Which would mean November.

that pretty much means we aren't seeing him on the field again unless we have a deep playoff run... and even then he's not gonna play much since he's been out for so long. that sucks big time. i hope this is his last clot and no more issues/injuries going forward. we need him. hell, if he continues to improve and dominate the midfield.. maybe world cup 2026 starter? that'd be epic.

Never replaced James Sands and our next best midfielder is out for the year again.

Loving those Sands and Taty loans and how they’ve helped THIS club.