2023 Schedule Thread

It's a pretty balanced schedule. The hardest stretch is June 17 vs. Columbus, 21 at Atlanta, 24 at Portland.

West Coast Trips: Houston, Salt Lake, Portland
West Coast Home: Dallas, Minnesota, Vancouver

I count just 6 West Conference games, down from 8 last year, and four of them* are repeats of last year, which is not horrific but still kind of weird and pathetic. There should be complete rotation.
Home
Dallas *
Minnesota *
Vancouver *

Away
Houston
RSL*
Portland

Edited based on Fantazma Fantazma's correction.

Last edited:
its like i want to go to nashville, but its in februrary so its still probably cold. not nyc cold but still chilly. nashville seems like a spring/ summer city to go to.

Reactions: Kjbert
If they actually sign Messi (which I'm not sold on happening, especially before the summer) that will probably be the most attended match in club history
Our only home match vs Miami is in March and I can't imagine Messi will leave PSG before the end of the Ligue 1 season, so we will have zero regular season home matches vs. Messi this season.

its like i want to go to nashville, but its in februrary so its still probably cold. not nyc cold but still chilly. nashville seems like a spring/ summer city to go to.

Nashville in February could be as bad as NYC, with the added benefit of no infrastructure to deal with 4 inches of snow.

Why? Those of us with kids like this schedule
I think that depends. My 6-YO loves going to games, and he's not old enough for a lot of games that end at 9:30pm.

Also, night games on a Saturday create a problem when I have to explain to Dr. Mrs. G why we aren't having date night this week (or next week, or the week after that...).

Why? Those of us with kids like this schedule

Oh, I know this type of scheduling is great for lots of people, but since MLS is a summer league, sabbath ends most of the year 7:30 or later, which means I'll miss most of the season. If MLS ran through the winter, this wouldn't be an issue at all, with 7:30pm kickoffs. (hence why i can make the home opener and the week after).

That being said, I like the idea of going to more uniform times for kickoffs to make it more consistent, it'll probably be good for the league as a whole.

I wonder if some of the games with TDB kickoff times are ones that might end up on linear TV.

Doesn't look like it -- looks like FOX/FS1 games are already indicated on MLS's website. Looks like only one game on TV for NYCFC this season.

Funny little glitch: The MLS website has the TBD games as Friday instead of Saturday. They're Saturday as per the image NYCFC released, but since the time is TBD, something glitched on the league website.

Trying to figure out what the best game is for the summer 3-day weekend away....

Last year's Montreal game stuck out like a sore thumb. This year's options are to repeat Montreal, Cincy, Philly, or Columbus. Not as exciting!

Reactions: Joe_Cos and Kjbert