2023 Season Ticket Thread

didn't they say next season no international break games and "mostly saturday/wednesday time slots"? lol

"mostly" key word. for teams with stadium scheduling issues like us, we'll probably get those off day games to fit everything in around the MLB schedule.

My theory is Leagues Cup will coincide with Gold Cup. Better to have roster holes for LC rather than MLS season. It doesn’t solve all the problems but mitigate partially.

My theory is Leagues Cup will coincide with Gold Cup. Better to have roster holes for LC rather than MLS season. It doesn’t solve all the problems but mitigate partially.

Believe they said Leagues Cup would be July-August.

The season is starting February 26, and you have to figure they will go back to MLS Cup being in mid-December in the non-World Cup year. So there will be time to get 34 games in. It wasn't even that condensed this year and we were short a month. Figure on Decision Day early November, playoffs from Thanksgiving to mid December.

Reactions: Vallos
Believe they said Leagues Cup would be July-August.

The season is starting February 26, and you have to figure they will go back to MLS Cup being in mid-December in the non-World Cup year. So there will be time to get 34 games in. It wasn't even that condensed this year and we were short a month. Figure on Decision Day early November, playoffs from Thanksgiving to mid December.
I see a lot of double week games if we really are not playing in international breaks, and do not overlap Gold Cup and Leagues Cup.
There are 38 weekends from February 26 to November 12. There's a FIFA break Nov 13-21 so you cannot go past that.
There are 4 8-day breaks during the season. That leaves 34 weeks.
Gold Cup break is June 26 to July 16. Three weekends, down to 31 remaining. Asian Cup starts June 16, but I don't think MLS will shut down for that.
We don't have specifics but Leagues Cup is described being as 1-month. Let's be optimistic and assume it just uses 3 weekends. We're down to 28. That is a minimum of 6 midweek season games, plus Open Cups.

Reactions: 413Blue and adam
I see a lot of double week games if we really are not playing in international breaks, and do not overlap Gold Cup and Leagues Cup.
There are 38 weekends from February 26 to November 12. There's a FIFA break Nov 13-21 so you cannot go past that.
Gold Cup break is June 26 to July 16. Three weekends, down to 31 remaining. Asian Cup starts June 16, but I don't think MLS will shut down for that.
We don't have specifics but Leagues Cup is described being as 1-month. Let's be optimistic and assume it just uses 3 weekends. We're down to 28. That is a minimum of 6 midweek season games, plus Open Cups.
Now that we know we’re heading to Queens maybe we play at Hofstra some matches and pick up some more LI fans in the process? Or donate to St John’s to expand their seating…

Feel like you could put 8k covered stands right over here. That would bring capacity to 11k, covering the current season ticket base. It would get real loud too. You could also change to safe standing behind the goals and add more capacity as well.

1669818217983.png

We played six midweek league games last season. A lot more including USOC and CCL, but only six of them were MLS games. That would basically be one midweek game a month throughout the regular season, which isn't terrible.

Reactions: Sabo and mgarbowski
We played six midweek league games last season. A lot more including USOC and CCL, but only six of them were MLS games. That would basically be one midweek game a month throughout the regular season, which isn't terrible.
I had thought our midweek games were mostly due to our venue issue, but upon checking of the 6 only 3 were at home. So maybe it own't be so bad. Schedule is expected in a few weeks so we'll know soon enough.

I had thought our midweek games were mostly due to our venue issue, but upon checking of the 6 only 3 were at home. So maybe it own't be so bad. Schedule is expected in a few weeks so we'll know soon enough.

I believe we had only one game meaningfully rescheduled, and it wasn't because of venues, it was because of CCL. The Wednesday D.C. United game in August was moved from a weekend in April due to CCL.

The Charlotte FC game was moved to RBA due to the Campeones Cup, but that would have presumably been a weekday game anyway.

We had another game moved from a Saturday at Citi to a Sunday at RBA, but that's it as far as I can remember.

I think most teams had a similar number of weekday games, but I could be wrong about that.

Feel like you could put 8k covered stands right over here. That would bring capacity to 11k, covering the current season ticket base. It would get real loud too. You could also change to safe standing behind the goals and add more capacity as well.

View attachment 12415

If we could avoid turf as much as possible that would be great

Reactions: moogoo

View attachment 12415

that field does take a beating. st john soccer teams, nycfc II, academy, amateur teams qualifying for US open up and i think regular season games in local amateur leagues as well.

Reactions: adam
Did anyone attend the BX zoo event tonight and were there any interesting questions during the Q&A?