Away - 02/15 Red Bulls

Don't count D.C. out. They figured it out the end of last season with Mullins. I think Columbus could be the casualty from your list if we're looking at a true linear progression from one season to the next.

I'm just waiting to see the implosion at Orlando when kreis fcks it up there considering their impatient owners.

I think after Orlando the Kreis apologists will finally shut the hell up. Unless of course he's managed to figure out how to sign players and scout talent in the intervening months. I've been basically convinced that Garth Lagerway was the brains behind that RSL team and that Kreis managed to not screw it up. He can play a team competently and occasionally design some tactics that work. But hes not good enough to manage a top tier MLS team in the current game.

He's much like Ned Grabavoy, not necessarily bad per se but hes getting passed by in a rapidly growing league. The 2015 Ned Grabavoy we complained about so mightily would still have been a good player in 2009 MLS, its just the growth of the league in every conceivable metric has passed him by.

I think after Orlando the Kreis apologists will finally shut the hell up. Unless of course he's managed to figure out how to sign players and scout talent in the intervening months. I've been basically convinced that Garth Lagerway was the brains behind that RSL team and that Kreis managed to not screw it up. He can play a team competently and occasionally design some tactics that work. But hes not good enough to manage a top tier MLS team in the current game.

He's much like Ned Grabavoy, not necessarily bad per se but hes getting passed by in a rapidly growing league. The 2015 Ned Grabavoy we complained about so mightily would still have been a good player in 2009 MLS, its just the growth of the league in every conceivable metric has passed him by.
It's why Lagerway never came knocking for Kreis last year....

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I cant wait for the Kreis implosion at Orlando. It is inevitable and it will finally destroy his unearned legacy as some sort of great MLS coach.
giphy.gif

I know I have a problem when I'm planning to leave work early today to enjoy a preseason match.
Well I'm going in late so I can stay late and watch the match. Which is why I have my feet up and am still sipping coffee at the moment.

No, why? I don't have a problem. I can quit any time. Yeah.

Reactions: adam

"We gonna be concerned about uhm, about the way we want to play the game."

Queue 90 minutes of being pressed into oblivion and Villa picking his cleats in no man's land. If there's ONE thing I want to see in this match, it's us getting a ball over their backs to Okoli in space. We showed no real signs of improvement against the press last season, and yet we have the one guy in the league who can place a perfect ball over the top every time. It has to be down to PV telling them to keep it on the ground last year, and I hope he's learned his lesson.

#7-0 #neverforget

Yeah I hate this game. It seems like we'll still be 1-5 against them if we win, but 1-6 if we lose. And it's not reciprocal, because they're 5-1 so who cares?
What about thinking about it as an opportunity to take a small step towards parity?

Reactions: Sabo