Home 06/28 - Red Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, you can hardly call him a player anymore.
He plays certainly more than others out there. I get it that he is getting older (like all of us) but his coach tells him to go out there and play and he gives his all. When someone (Calle, Angelino etc) can show up and not get injured who is better, he'll take the bench. Then ride into the sunset.

Until then he's a starting player on my team and I'll hope he can get the job done. Because no one else is going to do it for us. So I'll support him. If I want to rag on him, I'll go on the RB forum.

Reactions: Gene and FootyLovin
He plays certainly more than others out there. I get it that he is getting older (like all of us) but his coach tells him to go out there and play and he gives his all. When someone (Calle, Angelino etc) can show up and not get injured who is better, he'll take the bench. Then ride into the sunset.

Until then he's a starting player on my team and I'll hope he can get the job done. Because no one else is going to do it for us. So I'll support him. If I want to rag on him, I'll go on the RB forum.
Okay. Some of us like ragging him here because he gets run out in dumb situations and consistently gets beaten. And because we don't have red bull logins.

Pirlo and Lamps supposedly will be at the game tomorrow says sources (including Grant Wahl). Mentioned Bale and some other footy folks as well.
Salomon Kalou says he's going to be there (from his twitter account) Either this is just a hot ticket (yes) or he's being spoken with. Don't know if he'd be able to get out of his Hertha contract.

Get the feeling this match is an "event" in the football industry generally, and in the US soccer circles in particular. All kinds of players, ex-players, and coaches will be there.

Reactions: S1ARK5 and JayH
Watched an MLSsoccer.com video and in it Don Garber said that this match is important for both New York clubs and that there will be one winner moving up in the table and one loser moving down in the table. Holy shit guys, the results in MLS are predetermined, this is all like WWE.

Reactions: Kjbert
Hopefully the Yankee Stadium grounds crew can fix up the field after all of this rain. With the added grass parts, I hope this field will be playable.

I'm hoping to get this song on our playlist (I think between the 27th and 28th Hey Baby). To the tune of Billy Joel's Piano Man:

It’s 5 o’clock on a Sunday (or insert day/time of game)
The Third Rail shuffles in
There’s a Heart of Oak standing next to me
And a Blue Lady next to him
We chant city give us a win tonight
Don’t matter who scores the goals
We’ll stand and we’ll cheer and we’ll scream for you
We’ve got blue and white in our souls

La la la, di dee da
La la, di dee da da dum dum dum dum

Score us some goals NYC FC
Score us some goals tonight
Cause we’re all in the mood for a victory
And you’ve got us feeling alright

Repeat from La la la to end 3x

Once this becomes well known could add additional verses over the months/years.

(ellio_ray SoupInNYC Ahab_Flanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.