Home - 07/19 TFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto / Chicago / Toronto / Red Bulls. The next four games will make or break our season. We could be pushing for a shield, or below the red line. This season hasn't been too butt-clenchy, but it's definitely about to get butt-clenchier for sure. Please give us back our keeper uncle Brucie.

Somebody tell Rodney Wallace to quit working so hard in the Gold Cup. That guy just never quits running.
I know its fucked up to think about but it wouldn't be so bad if he was out for a bit. It would force us to see what we have in Camargo and Lewis. They never get to play with with the full strength XI

Reactions: adam
I know its fucked up to think about but it wouldn't be so bad if he was out for a bit. It would force us to see what we have in Camargo and Lewis. They never get to play with with the full strength XI
You're assuming the PV will actually play them as a like4like. I wish he would, but he hasn't shown me anything to believe he's willing to take the leap of faith with them.

Service Changes for next week

No
a25px.jpg
trains between 59 St and 207 St

No
d_30.jpg
trains between 59 St and 161 St-Yankee Stadium

b_large.png
and
c25px.jpg
services end early each night

FASTRACK begins weeknights at 10 PM and ends 5 AM the next morning. This service change will run from July 10 – 14 and 17 – 21 nightly, ending Friday morning. Read on for more information.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_ACBD.htm

Reactions: CatNYC and SanBartG

No
a25px.jpg

No
d_30.jpg

b_large.png
and
c25px.jpg

FASTRACK begins weeknights at 10 PM and ends 5 AM the next morning. This service change will run from July 10 – 14 and 17 – 21 nightly, ending Friday morning. Read on for more information.

Good info, thanks. The 2 to 149th and then the 4 for a minute looks like a reasonable alternative from the west side.

No
a25px.jpg

No
d_30.jpg

b_large.png
and
c25px.jpg

Looks like N to 4 for me. Can thank you enough for the advance notice.

Reactions: JayH
Shouldn't really affect most of us unless you stay a bit late after the games. I'd guess most people leave within 10-15 mins after the final whistle, but worthwhile info regardless.

Posting this here since there isn't a Chicago Match Day thread. Is anyone planning on also attending the Barcelona vs. Juventus match at Metlife at 6pm on 7/22? I am trying to decided if both are doable - or if I should just give away my tix for Saturday 7/22.

Reactions: Kjbert
Posting this here since there isn't a Chicago Match Day thread. Is anyone planning on also attending the Barcelona vs. Juventus match at Metlife at 6pm on 7/22? I am trying to decided if both are doable - or if I should just give away my tix for Saturday 7/22.
why wouldn't you be able to do both?

NYCFC from 2-4pm
Hop in car/cab and head to MetLife stadium - 2 hours is plenty of time to get there.
Barca/Juve 6-8pm

why wouldn't you be able to do both?

NYCFC from 2-4pm
Hop in car/cab and head to MetLife stadium - 2 hours is plenty of time to get there.
Barca/Juve 6-8pm

Was worried about traffic getting to Metlife and not arriving frantically - also don't want to miss too much of the beginning of Barca if traffic is rough.

Reactions: Kjbert
Was worried about traffic getting to Metlife and not arriving frantically - also don't want to miss too much of the beginning of Barca if traffic is rough.

You honestly should have enough time to make it work. If you're genuinely scared about getting screwed by YS traffic, just leave at the 80th minute. You'll have a straight shot right to the standard Metlife traffic jam.

Toronto blog Waking the Red has confirmed that both Bradley and Altidore will be called in after the group stages (assuming complete disaster doesn't occur tomorrow and the US qualifies to the next round). They will miss the NYCFC game on the 19th.

Bruce has also hinted several times that he is going to call in Howard as well, but I've heard that it is to replace Guzan. So I would be shocked to get SJ back.

If the USMNT goes to the final, it would be a short turnaround for the NYCFC game against Toronto on the 30th - so maybe Bradley and Jozy don't start that one either.

Toronto blog Waking the Red has confirmed that both Bradley and Altidore will be called in after the group stages (assuming complete disaster doesn't occur tomorrow and the US qualifies to the next round). They will miss the NYCFC game on the 19th.

Bruce has also hinted several times that he is going to call in Howard as well, but I've heard that it is to replace Guzan. So I would be shocked to get SJ back.

If the USMNT goes to the final, it would be a short turnaround for the NYCFC game against Toronto on the 30th - so maybe Bradley and Jozy don't start that one either.

Could he bring in both Howard and Gonzalez? Just to blood him into the team?

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Status
Not open for further replies.