Lampard Is Injured Megathread

Well, like all soccer players he's an actual, real person, with an actual, real life just like you and me. That includes birthdays, heartbreak, days at the beach, bowling parties, mowing the lawn, doctor visits, flat tires, etc. He also happens to be on our team aside from all that other stuff.

Sure, he's an actual person just like you the rest of us, but if I went out on workmans comp with a leg injury and posted something similar and it got back to my boss, I'd be fired and may have to pay back what was given to me when I was out. Just saying ...

Sure, he's an actual person just like you the rest of us, but if I went out on workmans comp with a leg injury and posted something similar and it got back to my boss, I'd be fired and may have to pay back what was given to me when I was out. Just saying ...

If you went out on worker's comp with an injury from a normal job, you could still openly do activities that don't in any way involve that injury.

A pro athlete can have a specific injury that renders him unable to play for his team, while still being able to participate in non-strenuous social activities (such as bowling).

Reactions: JayH
I think a lot of Lampard criticism has been pretty harsh, but he deserves some serious stick for his apparent inability to keep his shorts from hiking up in the opening few scenes of the match preview video that NYCFC just posted on the site.

Reactions: JayH
I think a lot of Lampard criticism has been pretty harsh, but he deserves some serious stick for his apparent inability to keep his shorts from hiking up in the opening few scenes of the match preview video that NYCFC just posted on the site.
Well, no matter how much I might like Lampard I find I can't really disagree with ya on this one.

Can we all agree not to mention that Villa totally skipped that black kid at the end?

Last edited:
Lampard back practicing today. Looked like a full participant.
Which, now, looking back at the LAG match, probably a very good thing that Kreis did not make him available for the match. He definitely would not have made a difference in the result, and the risk of further injury would have been high.

Now, I'm not a Kreis superfan, I'm also not a Kreis basher (except for his repeated inclusions of Grabavoy), but this was a good move from the coach, who I'm sure was feeling lots of pressure from the league to trot Lamps out there last Sunday.