Nycfc Announces First Known Games. Ccc15

I think its a great move for a first match. We couldn't play at home as its way too cold.
Would I love to see us play the Italian National team at home? Sure but not after 3 weeks of practice.

I agree, you'll have Houston and OC so it's not like it's all USL PRO teams just one. I think its a great idea and will be greatly entertaining. I bet they make NYCFC and OC the first match for publicity purposes.

Reactions: einwindir
Well I wondered openly if people would have an issue with location of first games. People often don't look into issues in advance and complain afterwards but I guess the initial response confirms my thoughts unfounded. Something a little more prestigious would have been my choice (look at the buildup for kit launch that won't be low key) but I probably won't be there regardless. Anyway if they don't broadcast it on the web (first game) then I'm sure there will be issues and I say that in greater certainty.
I've got a feeling the NY/Charleston connection is going to extend slightly further than this cup.

Also, it's preseason...the idea is to play at a competitive level to see how fit your team is. Battery are a third tier team = how will we match up against them? What formation will and won't work. OC are going to be in the same boat as us. Testing the waters. Houston will give us an accurate idea of how we'll stack up on the highest level. It's a great 6 day preseason battery (hahahaha!).

I've got a feeling the NY/Charleston connection is going to extend slightly further than this cup.

Also, it's preseason...the idea is to play at a competitive level to see how fit your team is. Battery are a third tier team = how will we match up against them? What formation will and won't work. OC are going to be in the same boat as us. Testing the waters. Houston will give us an accurate idea of how we'll stack up on the highest level. It's a great 6 day preseason battery (hahahaha!).

Haha I see what you did there

Reactions: einwindir
Well I wondered openly if people would have an issue with location of first games. People often don't look into issues in advance and complain afterwards but I guess the initial response confirms my thoughts unfounded. Something a little more prestigious would have been my choice (look at the buildup for kit launch that won't be low key) but I probably won't be there regardless. Anyway if they don't broadcast it on the web (first game) then I'm sure there will be issues and I say that in greater certainty.

I'm curious - what level of prestige were you hoping for for these games?

Also, bear in mind that these won't be NYCFC's first games - they're just the first ones to be announced.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm curious - what level of prestige were you hoping for for these games?

Also, bear in mind that these won't be NYCFC's first games - they're just the first ones to be announced.

Cosmo's are prestigious... jk. That was even hard to type. (Side Note: I don't have a problem with Cosmo's I just thought it was funny and I couldn't help myself)

A good variety of sides there.
1 established MLS side
1 USL Pro side
and 1 side in a very similar position to us.

Thinking about a future USL Pro affiliation? They are the most prominent non-affiliated team out there. They have been around a long time and built their own very nice little stadium. It would be a great choice by NYCFC if they pursue it.

Thinking about a future USL Pro affiliation? They are the most prominent non-affiliated team out there. They have been around a long time and built their own very nice little stadium. It would be a great choice by NYCFC if they pursue it.
I'd love it, but I've since read somewhere that they are affiliated with Vancouver.

Lets just be honest on what the 2 kinds of posts are going to be after this:

NYCFC Wins it all: SWEET!!! WE'RE SO TAKING THE MLS CUP!!!

or

NYCFC Craps out: Who cares, its just a stupid preseason tournament anyway. Who cares about the other Expansion team / a USL Pro team / Huston anyway.........

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Lets just be honest on what the 2 kinds of posts are going to be after this:

NYCFC Wins it all: SWEET!!! WE'RE SO TAKING THE MLS CUP!!!

or

NYCFC Craps out: Who cares, its just a stupid preseason tournament anyway. Who cares about the other Expansion team / a USL Pro team / Huston anyway.........
You're grossly underestimating just how much time we can spend discussing every minute detail.

Especially a game.

Have you read the 'Nov 13th' thread? It's page after page about an event where a shirt will be shown to us.

Charleston Battery is a great organization, and I don't think their team is anything to scoff at. This tournament is certainly a great way to round into form for competitive fixtures without boring the hell out of us all.

Charleston Battery is a great organization, and I don't think their team is anything to scoff at. This tournament is certainly a great way to round into form for competitive fixtures without boring the hell out of us all.

If there's ever such a thing as an interesting preseason its the one upcoming. Not saying the results will indicate a great deal but there will be some first impressions. Though of course first impressions don't count for everything. As for prestige I've said before it wouldn't have to be on the level of Barcelona, Bayern, etc. Anyway I do note the point about it being the first KNOWN games.

I think we are going to learn a lot from this competition. Especially since it's a lot of games in a short period of time. Depth is going to be key and spots could be won or lost. With only a few months to prepare for the season and train together the more games we get under our belt the better.

I think we are going to learn a lot from this competition. Especially since it's a lot of games in a short period of time. Depth is going to be key and spots could be won or lost. With only a few months to prepare for the season and train together the more games we get under our belt the better.
Lots of experimentation without having to worry about too much media attention. Formations, tactics, how players react to each other in a real-time competitive environment. I'm really looking forward to it.

I am thinking as the most stable of the 4, I expect Battery to finally take it!

Does anyone know what format the competition will take? Each team plays the others once, whoever takes the most points is in the finals? However it is set up, A week in Charleston, I'm up for it.