Nycfc In Fifa 15?

Buckley

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
516/845
I don't think they will be included since Kreis has said multiple times there wont be a full squad until Jan. Fifa 15 is released at the end of Sept. Hopefully we will be able to download the club into the game come Jan?

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
I don't think they will be included since Kreis has said multiple times there wont be a full squad until Jan. Fifa 15 is released at the end of Sept. Hopefully we will be able to download the club into the game come Jan?
I would imagine. They push out new FUT cards then anyway, and squad updates come every week on Seasons. It shouldn't be an issue. But EA sucks, so who knows.

I have good contacts at EA. No way NYCFC in FIFA15. FIFA16? Sure. Also, Villa would be available but only as a Melbourne player -- and that is IF he makes the updates. EA are tricky about the Australian guest players.
Can you ask them to not put out a game full of bugs this year? It's still ridiculous that people can disconnect and cause you to get a loss. One of the most frustrating things ever. Followed closely by the long-ball directly after kickoff.

They are darn near abusive in their willingness to put out a crappy product due to their monopoly on licensing.

I have good contacts at EA. No way NYCFC in FIFA15. FIFA16? Sure. Also, Villa would be available but only as a Melbourne player -- and that is IF he makes the updates. EA are tricky about the Australian guest players.

But Villa almost has to be in the game because he's still on the Spanish national team, right?

I don't understand why they can't just issue a squad update later in the year that includes NYCFC. They suck.

I don't understand why they can't just issue a squad update later in the year that includes NYCFC. They suck.
It isn't just a squad update. You need to record the commentators saying NYCFC, you need to draw and include the kits, the fans, the stadium. You can't just "add" it in there.
Now if it was a downloadable add-on that you can get from, say, the xbox marketplace, then i think you should be able to do that. very much the same way you download new maps for call of duty.

even just send out a software update to add it into the game fifa does software updates all the time

Reactions: Kinkladze
What you could do is go into manager mode and buy/sell players until you have your full NYCFC squad.

It isn't just a squad update. You need to record the commentators saying NYCFC, you need to draw and include the kits, the fans, the stadium. You can't just "add" it in there.
Now if it was a downloadable add-on that you can get from, say, the xbox marketplace, then i think you should be able to do that. very much the same way you download new maps for call of duty.

I don't see why any of that would stop them from adding in NYCFC. All the players name should already be recorded since the players already exist on other teams. For the stadium, they just need to create Yankee Stadium with a soccer pitch in it. And they just make the kits after NYCFC unveils them this fall. A winter update is totally doable. They just did a World Cup update that added all the teams, players, etc. If they can do it for the World Cup, they should easily be able to add in NYCFC later on.

How has no one mentioned the bullshit global transfer market bullshit in 14?? I HATE IT. I haven't met a single person who likes the new system.

Reactions: Kinkladze
How has no one mentioned the bullshit global transfer market bullshit in 14?? I HATE IT. I haven't met a single person who likes the new system.

I actually love it. But then again, I am a purist and found the old system incredibly boring and unrealistic. I understand the frustration of the new system but I actually enjoy that experience as it makes the game more about putting in the effort without knowing if it will pay off (and you have more of a sense of accomplishment when you find a gem that develops well). The previous system is too indicative of the younger generations need for everything to be laid out for them—everything needs to be exact and all outcomes perfectly explained with no deviation from standardized expectations. I find that many players my age love the new transfer market while younger players are frustrated with the lack of all attributes being available like a grading rubric or levels testing guide.

I've probably taken the debate away from the game, though, so I'll just go back to scouting out some young talent in FIFA 14.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy