NYCFC In Talks With Peruvian Forward Raúl Ruidíaz

There's some guy on the roster who does nothing except peep in photos. I heard he takes up an international spot. Plus about 450k in cap room.
I know you're talking about Fat Frank but... where's Jefferson Mena?

Reactions: Kjbert
I know you're talking about Fat Frank but... where's Jefferson Mena?

Taking the peeping Lampard photos?

Jokes aside, he is as MIA as Lampard, probably even worse as Mena is not hurt and has just disappeared. It's as if he is dead to PV after he pulled him 30 mins into that game.

I dont need to see any highlight reel on this guy, sign him, get more periuvian fans and a stadium in queens is just that much closer to getting done.

Is the peruvian league anything special? Can't imagine the talent level is much better than Mendoza, and I don't think we need another Mendoza. I think we are stuck where we are until we cut the dead weight.

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
Err, yeah you're right. What the heck did I see yesterday then. Meeting with officials about citizenship?
Someone did report something along these lines though that he was out of training meeting about a green card issue, maybe the EOS article or somewhere on the twitter verse.

If I had a dollar for every time an agent forgot to register a Peruvian player for the Clausura, I would be a rich man.

is this common practice in peru?

well see if this happens....i guess PV really likes wing play.

We definitely have depth on the wing - as long as you consider Shelton, Taylor, Mendoza and McNamara wing players. I would argue that Villa is too. But oh well.

But if this guy is better than those guys - go get him. Depth only means something if you have talent. I think we lack talent almost everywhere on the field right now.

Translation:

That's what they want to achieve? Put the fans against me?
I never talk about these issues ... but everything has a limit. Especially since we had reached an agreement to manage the whole negotiation in reserve.

The only thing I want to make very clear, is that no one can tell me that I am not a fan ... I haven't busted my ass for this shirt, plus I put a large sum of money out of my own pocket to return to university, the team I love.

I pity these people who do not value all this effort ... and come to say about high economic pretensions ... and that Mr. German Leguia says that to the media he almost fell from the second floor ???

I have only given a reasonable proposal which had already been accepted and what we were seeing were finishing some details of the contract ... At the last meeting they changed their minds and now want to throw myself against the fans ... that's not how you negotiate gentlemen!

Thanks.

We definitely have depth on the wing - as long as you consider Shelton, Taylor, Mendoza and McNamara wing players. I would argue that Villa is too. But oh well.

But if this guy is better than those guys - go get him. Depth only means something if you have talent. I think we lack talent almost everywhere on the field right now.

It's interesting does this mean PV prefer TMac on the wing and only player him there because he didn't have better options? Does he see Harrison as a mid? I think clearly Villa wants to play centrally and PV prefers him there. If those broad assumptions are ture that leaves us with Mendoza, Shelton and Taylor as our only true wingers and Tyalor seems to have fallen out of favor.

It's interesting does this mean PV prefer TMac on the wing and only player him there because he didn't have better options? Does he see Harrison as a mid? I think clearly Villa wants to play centrally and PV prefers him there. If those broad assumptions are ture that leaves us with Mendoza, Shelton and Taylor as our only true wingers and Tyalor seems to have fallen out of favor.

#mobilepost?

Nothing more than my opinion, but this is just another player with contract issues using MLS & NYC as leverage. Looking into him, he doesn't fit our needs right now. Unless we stole the guy...makes no sense.

I dunno, if we had another striker that was someone near as capable as Villa to take pressure off him, we might score more often. I'm not sure Mendoza is the answer. Would love to see Mullins more, but it is what it is.

Nothing more than my opinion, but this is just another player with contract issues using MLS & NYC as leverage. Looking into him, he doesn't fit our needs right now. Unless we stole the guy...makes no sense.
Until we find a striker that Villa trusts to pass to (TMac seems to be trusted and Shelton a bit more than before), Villa will simply shoot the ball once the net is in his peripheral vision.... And we'll continue to have 18-20 shots a game with maybe only 4-5 on goal.

??? Sorry, not I.

I can understand how one might not have heard of Paddington Bear, but kind of mindboggled that someone with the handle PaddingtonB is not familiar.
Anyway, a bit more context for you:
"Paddington Bear is a fictional character in children's literature. He first appeared on 13 October 1958 and has featured in more than twenty books written by Michael Bond and illustrated by Peggy Fortnum and other artists. The friendly bear from deepest, darkest Peru—with his old hat, battered suitcase (complete with a secret compartment, enabling it to hold more items than it would at first appear), duffle coat and love of marmalade—has become a classic character from English children's literature. Paddington books have been translated into 30 languages across 70 titles and sold more than 30 million copies worldwide."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddington_Bear

I can understand how one might not have heard of Paddington Bear, but kind of mindboggled that someone with the handle PaddingtonB is not familiar.
Anyway, a bit more context for you:
"Paddington Bear is a fictional character in children's literature. He first appeared on 13 October 1958 and has featured in more than twenty books written by Michael Bond and illustrated by Peggy Fortnum and other artists. The friendly bear from deepest, darkest Peru—with his old hat, battered suitcase (complete with a secret compartment, enabling it to hold more items than it would at first appear), duffle coat and love of marmalade—has become a classic character from English children's literature. Paddington books have been translated into 30 languages across 70 titles and sold more than 30 million copies worldwide."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddington_Bear
Lol, I'm fully aware of Paddington Bear. My brain cells were a bit delayed - hadn't yet read through the thread for topic context.

Reactions: mgarbowski