NYCFC In Talks With Peruvian Forward Raúl Ruidíaz

I dunno, if we had another striker that was someone near as capable as Villa to take pressure off him, we might score more often. I'm not sure Mendoza is the answer. Would love to see Mullins more, but it is what it is.

Mendoza has been better of late...but him, Shelton & TT are almost the same player...throw Harrison in there too. Villa is really a winger too.

There was one game (maybe the last time we've really seen him) where Mullins came in and PV tried to have him be a holding forward. From what I remember, he wasn't that good. But the guy is gritty and I'd like to see him get more opportunities.

Until we find a striker that Villa trusts to pass to (TMac seems to be trusted and Shelton a bit more than before), Villa will simply shoot the ball once the net is in his peripheral vision.... And we'll continue to have 18-20 shots a game with maybe only 4-5 on goal.

I think we see PV is sticking to a particular style with speed on the wings. For the most part it seems to be working. The penetration is there and they are generally getting the ball in the box. As far as off the ball work goes, they are lacking. They never (tmac included) seem to be where Villa would want them to be and he gets stuck 1v2 or shooting some off balance shot. I'd still like to see a strong target man in the box and have Villa LW at times

Reactions: Ulrich
Latest update:

His team is appealing to the Peruvian FA saying the transfer window is closed so he shouldn't be able to leave.

The team that has him on loan (until tomorrow) is lobbying the Peruvian FA to allow for early registration so he can continue his loan.

Decision expected May 11th, the day the MLS window closes.

He's not leaving Peru until August.

Latest update:

His team is appealing to the Peruvian FA saying the transfer window is closed so he shouldn't be able to leave.

The team that has him on loan (until tomorrow) is lobbying the Peruvian FA to allow for early registration so he can continue his loan.

Decision expected May 11th, the day the MLS window closes.

He's not leaving Peru until August.
Doesn't matter if their window is closed, it's the window of where he's headed, and if MLS he's fine. Under FIFA rules, the Loaner team wouldn't be allowed to register outside of the window, so I'm not sure how they could get him.

The 11th should be fine if NYCFC really wants him - plus we need to finally convince Lamps to retire.

Doesn't matter if their window is closed, it's the window of where he's headed, and if MLS he's fine. Under FIFA rules, the Loaner team wouldn't be allowed to register outside of the window, so I'm not sure how they could get him.

The 11th should be fine if NYCFC really wants him - plus we need to finally convince Lamps to retire.
Yeah I'm in agreement with you but given that the league isn't even talking about this until our transfer deadline day doesn't leave much room for us to work something out.

So glad we could be of service...

i dont know....i mean out of all the MLS teams, single out nycfc saying oh hey nycfc want me ....i mean its only the man city connection thats it....two years in and were already being used as leverage....i dont know what to think of that

usually its more along the lines of " an MLS team has interest in me"