Nycfc Training Fields Thread

I guess I am asking if that sign was there the last few times Kjbert has been there and we just missed the sign. (no offense KJbert, super appreciate the pics).

Great question. I haven't seen it before. I didn't know there was a building somewhere. With bad weather again today and maybe tomorrow, I probably won't go over there in my suit. But I will DEFINITELY go back over by Saturday at the latest to see what this is. Good find by BxLio91 BxLio91 - sorry I didn't see this before.

Reactions: MagnusPax
OK just went. The building where our "training facility" is hosted is the school's multi-purpose center. It looks like we have part of the basement. Really nothing special. I was unable to get in there today (you will see why from the pictures below) but I will try again.

I also stopped by the field to see if there was any progress. They have a crew there cleaning up the parking lot (it was an absolute mess the past two months). So far the parking lot looks cleaned up entirely. They have started clearing the walkway on one side that leads to the field. The walkway on the other side is packed with 1.5 feet of snow. They do have a bobcat out there working on it. We'll see. I'm going to swing by again tomorrow to see what progress was made. The weather, relative to what we've had, is beautiful today. Not a cloud in the sky and 35 degrees.

On to the locker rooms. If you leave the training facility and drive about 1 mile away into campus, the school's multi-purpose center is on your right. the parking lot is down a hill where the tennis courts are. The entrance to our facility is around the side where they have a sign that says "Teacher Parking Only) or something to that effect. In case any of you want to check it out. I was with a guy last night who was able to poke his head in our locker room - he said it's brand new but it's attached to a really crappy looking facility overall. So our little area is brand new and nice - but if you go and check out the building, you won't be impressed. In the pictures below, you will see they have pallets of beautiful greystone. I am assuming that they are either going to create a terrace out in front of this area OR they are going to rebrand that little part of the building with greystone on the walls. The walls could use it.

Photos

IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0682.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 99
Even Velasquez? Seems like a lot of the guys would want to live in the city to get the experience.

SUNY purcahse has bus service to both Port Chester and White Plains metro north stations. and I'm sure the team would have a shuttle to either station

If they are, my guess is in LIC on the water. When I lived in one of the high-rises there, a few Mets players lived in my building.
I would figure LIC, UWS, UES, Park Slope and Williamsburg are places you will find a lot of players, aside for the suburbs.

I just stopped by again. Nothing new to report. Looks like they stopped cleaning up after I left yesterday. The astro turf field that the kids play on is clean though. They had a clinic of some sort going today.

For the record, they trained at Chelsea Piers - Stamford last week before they left for Orlando, an indoor facility in Connecticut. Almost everyone but Villa, Mix/Shelton will be living in White Plains.

Yup, it seems as if you are right...just ran into Nemec at the White Plains trains station this morning :D

Naa I always feel strange asking for pics... But I said whatup and flashed him my NYCFc bracelet

Nice guy? What time did you see him? I'm headed in on Thursday morning. My office is in White Plains

Nice guy? What time did you see him? I'm headed in on Thursday morning. My office is in White Plains
Yeah we were actually both running to our trains so it was real quick...I saw Claudio Reyna earlier this year on the platform also...if you're in WP, you're bound to see someone...that goes for Knicks and Rangers guys as well

Reactions: Kjbert