NYCFC v HB Koge - Postmatch

Is anyone else struck by how many pictures there are of Pirlo smiling this preseason?

Hopefully the smiles translate into a 20 assist 2016.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
But, a big thing is that Khiry can actually put a ball in the net
One of my biggest takeaways so far this preseason is that Khiry is very aggressive and shooting freely when he has an opportunity.
He stood some defenders up fighting for the ball and took them on as well running directly at them. Impressed.

For all the abuse Khiry has taken lately (rightfully so), he should get props for both his goal and setting up Villa to draw the PK.

Also, does Mix get an assist for his minimal touch on Ballouchy's cross to Khiry?

Reactions: gbservis
This game hasn't inspired a lot of discussion. I wasn't able to see it, was it really just "blah" all over, or did any of the backups stand out? Martinez, Bravo, Ivanov?

Also, no vitriol over Hernandez getting the captains band? He's not super well liked around here. Looks like he'll be a big part of the plans again this year.

Reactions: gbservis
One of my biggest takeaways so far this preseason is that Khiry is very aggressive and shooting freely when he has an opportunity.
He stood some defenders up fighting for the ball and took them on as well running directly at them. Impressed.
I think all of the players should feel like they have a green light to shoot (there was no way that Kreis gave a blanket green light last year - the ball had to be walked into the box before any shot was ever taken), and to a degree the Forwards should be selfish and want to shoot, but with that free reign there has to be the self-control to not rip a shot that's obviously not there for the taking.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
This game hasn't inspired a lot of discussion. I wasn't able to see it, was it really just "blah" all over, or did any of the backups stand out? Martinez, Bravo?
The game was unbearable to watch - Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan described it as Colonial League quality. It looked like Poku and Mullins were frustrated/bored because there got zero service. Nobody could string together passes. It did confirm that Hernandez has zero ability to dribble and Saunders is light years behind Lurch.

The game was unbearable to watch - Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan described it as Colonial League quality. It looked like Poku and Mullins were frustrated/bored because there got zero service. Nobody could string together passes. It did confirm that Hernandez has zero ability to dribble and Saunders is light years behind Lurch.
People still want Hernandez to start but I don't see it. I think White has been far superior this year and so far in my eyes should start next to Brillant.

If there's one man I trust to develop Khirys talent, it's PV. I love the faith that the coach has shown in Khiry and letting him be creative. Khirys finishing will only improve under PV' supervision.

He may not be a day one starter, but I see him being an impact player for us this year and extending the field in the 2nd half. Him and Harrison on the wings for the future excites me.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Did Lampard play? If not when should we start worrying?

This game hasn't inspired a lot of discussion. I wasn't able to see it, was it really just "blah" all over, or did any of the backups stand out? Martinez, Bravo, Ivanov?

Also, no vitriol over Hernandez getting the captains band? He's not super well liked around here. Looks like he'll be a big part of the plans again this year.
Martinez was sloppier on the ball than I would have expected from an Argentinian left back (I know, I know, assumptions). I think I said my piece on Ivanov earlier in the thread. Bravo looked accomplished enough. Seems to be more equipped to break up midfield attacks, rather than control play from CDM. That said, he has a lot to learn about our squad and they have a lot to learn about him.

If you look at the starting lineup, I'm not sure there's a better candidate for captain than Hernandez was. Maybe Saunders, but as has been said on this board many times before, giving the armband to the goalie feels like a bit of a waste sometimes (granted there have been some super influential goalie captains in the past). All in all, I'm not reading too much into it.

Reactions: Paul
I think they were really hoping to get through this match without much from our starters. These games are quick turnarounds. Game this past Wednesday then yesterday and another Wednesday again and another the following weekend. I'd be fine if he didn't play at all since the FGCU game or only played one more. As long as he suits up for the opener.

Reactions: Ulrich