NYCFC v HB Koge - Postmatch

The 'number of times' you speak of were probably 80% + of the time. Not looking for Saunders to be like Buffon to Pirlo, but his 'launch and hope for the best' approach has got to stop. It's maddening. When you constantly launch the ball like that, you are almost giving the opponent a possible counterattack each time. Yes our back line wasn't the best either with handling the ball...but Saunders was and is a possession killer. We already know what the 34 year old Saunders could do. I am convinced he makes routine saves look good by being dramatic. I am all for letting Eirik start. I would imagine that PV will start Saunders, but his leash will be really really short.
The way Vieira likes to play out of the back I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the switch right away. The casuals fans will bitch at first but they'll forget about Saunders when they realize how much better we are at keeping the ball when our defenders are pressed.

Reactions: Ulrich and NickA
The way Vieira likes to play out of the back I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the switch right away. The casuals fans will bitch at first but they'll forget about Saunders when they realize how much better we are at keeping the ball when our defenders are pressed.
The third rail will crash facebook when Josh gets replaced

id be cool with johansen....that means new chants gotta be made right away though lol

Yeah, also allows us to play a higher line because Lurch is comfortable playing further out of goal where he can only use his feet. The only unsettling thing about all of this is that his height and wingspan probably makes everybody want to chip him with any opportunity they get. I know I would.

Yeah, also allows us to play a higher line because Lurch is comfortable playing further out of goal where he can only use his feet. The only unsettling thing about all of this is that his height and wingspan probably makes everybody want to chip him with any opportunity they get. I know I would.

did this happen last game?

vs montreal they almost succeeded twice i think

I think the Saunders multi-year contract extension will keep him in net much longer than he should. You don't give a guy an extension then 3 months later bench him...unfortunately.

I think the Saunders multi-year contract extension will keep him in net much longer than he should. You don't give a guy an extension then 3 months later bench him...unfortunately.

how many years was it? i kept reading multi year but not sure how long is it supposed to be?

did this happen last game?

vs montreal they almost succeeded twice i think
Yeah he got there in the end. Everybody wants a shot at the champ. I don't think I saw it against Koge 'cause Sanders clings to his line like a security blanket. To be fair he tends to do pretty OK in 1/1s I guess.

He stopped 2 chip shots in his last game. He has ridiculous reach when jumping.

A team goes with the player that gives them the best chance to win regardless of contract. His extension just means he has a paycheck coming for a few more seasons..... most likely from the bench.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
He stopped 2 chip shots in his last game. He has ridiculous reach when jumping.
Yeah it's true but that's just gonna make it even more epic when one comes off. I admit my fear of this happening is wholly irrational :D

Reactions: Ulrich
A team goes with the player that gives them the best chance to win regardless of contract. His extension just means he has a paycheck coming for a few more seasons..... most likely from the bench.

no shame in that, especially at his age.

Reactions: Ulrich
how many years was it? i kept reading multi year but not sure how long is it supposed to be?

I can't see anything that has details. All I see is undisclosed multi-year extension.

I actually like him as a back up and wouldn't want to dismiss him altogether.

Yeah it's true but that's just gonna make it even more epic when one comes off. I admit my fear of this happening is wholly irrational :D
I just had this horrible premonition of Giovinco chipping him from halfway at Yankee Stadium in front of the Third Rail o_O. Sedate me.