Orlando Postmatch

But Someone Please Tell Me How The Hell He Missed That Shot??
He missed because immediately before the shot he planted his left foot slightly too far right of his center of gravity and the wet pitch gave away. His left foot slipped sideways into his right foot as his right was making contact with the ball, and that plus the mis-contact with the ball (due to being off balance) as he was falling resulted in the ball shooting high over the bar.

So it was partly a blown run-up, and partly an overly wet pitch amplifying his error in the run-up.

I've long thought that Orlando is one of the least talented but best coached teams in the league. I hate their players but respect their game.

We, of course, are exactly the opposite. Tons of talent but frequently seem to be missing the basics of team cohesion and communication.
Not sure I totally agree on their talent level. Larin is one of my favorite strikers in the league. The gulf in class between the #1 pick and the #2 pick in the draft that year (Shelton) is absolutely massive.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I have a completely different view of this game.

Yes, it's unbelievable we conceded that goal. Shocking, awful, ridiculous, disappointing, all of it.

But I look at this game differently. All week, we were wondering what the Red Bulls game would do to this group. And for the most part, I think we got our answer. And we got a good answer. I thought this team was composed, played with confidence, didn't allow Orlando much of anything for large stretches. I thought Saunders was terrific (first goal was a deflection, second goal maybe he could have done better, but generally speaking he was very good). Without two of our most important players, we were really quite good for large stretches.

I mean, I was really worried what last week would do, how long it would take them to get over it. And they really settled into the game nicely.

On a micro level, this game was hugely disappointing. Losing those two points is awful. But on a macro level, this was a very encouraging performance that tells us our team is mentally strong, and capable of bouncing back. I think, in the long run, that's far more important than what happened in the final seconds today.
Damn. Do you build your own bath salt dildo or buy it on Etsy?

No positive to take when the reason we lost 7-0 is the reason we drew, despite playing at least 3 goals better than the opposition.

I can't sit here and pretend it's okay. It's not. It's atrocious.

To the people saying you're giving up your season tickets next year. Why?? Do you not remember how pitiful we were at this point last year? Did you expect us to dominate MLS the second we were in the league because it's NYC? Stay the course. Last year was the inception. This year is the growing pains. We should make playoffs and hopefully make a little noise. Year 3 we will have arrived.

I get how disappointing games like this and Montreal can be. If MLS wasn't single entity, NYC would already have the best team in the league. But the league is what it is, and it is doing decent so far given the roster constraints.

I also get how frustrating it is not having a stadium yet. I am confident in saying(no info) we will have news on that soon, and would have already heard if it wasn't for crazy politicians.

Having just graduated from school in Indiana and unfortunately moving out to the Midwest tomorrow, I've only been able to attend a couple games. A loss, and today's draw. Each time I've had a great time, and while I left with a sour taste in my mouth today because they deserved to win, there was no where else I'd rather have been during that game. Maybe the fact you guys go to all/most of them, you take for granted how blessed being a season ticket holder is.

I guess my point is: we all want NYCFC to be the premier MLS club. If one by one start giving up on it, how can that happen.

Hold the score! Hold the score!
HODOR! HODOR!

I don't think Hodor is the right was to phrase it. If we're saying hold the score then it should be Hocore or something.

Damn. Do you build your own bath salt dildo or buy it on Etsy?

No positive to take when the reason we lost 7-0 is the reason we drew, despite playing at least 3 goals better than the opposition.

I can't sit here and pretend it's okay. It's not. It's atrocious.

It is atrocious, and we should have seen the game out. But there's reason for optimism. This team could have folded up the tent after last week, gone into a deep swan dive. That hasn't happened. We're miles ahead of where we were at this time last year, and are clearly a better team that struggling to get results. It's going to come. We're unbeaten in six of our last seven games. I'll take that.

Let's have some perspective. Things could be a lot worse.

I don't think Hodor is the right was to phrase it. If we're saying hold the score then it should be Hocore or something.

HOlD the scORe

Reactions: JayH
Hey, go easy on the new guy!

That's a good line though.
Thanks. I appreciate someone recognizing the effort. This shit doesn't write itself. And what would you guys have to read if I didn't light into the new guy.

It is atrocious, and we should have seen the game out. But there's reason for optimism. This team could have folded up the tent after last week, gone into a deep swan dive. That hasn't happened. We're miles ahead of where we were at this time last year, and are clearly a better team that struggling to get results. It's going to come. We're unbeaten in six of our last seven games. I'll take that.

Let's have some perspective. Things could be a lot worse.
Nothing against you, rook. You picked a bad day to introduce yourself.