Orlando Postmatch

The team needs to either sign a groundskeeper that can grow grass that we don't slip on, or we realistically need to sign a footwear guy that understands what cleats the team need to use because the groundskeeper sucks.

Reactions: JayH and BxLio91
So yet another possible slam against me for the question i asked on the live chat?? Hey Anything could have caused Batman to slip and fail that pen shot!! I was just trying to make some sense of it all ! Like the answer to that other thread The craziest moments in sports history or that we've ever seen or something like that? Batman slipping like that is the craziest i'v seen in the last 24 hours! But Batman is still Batman! My Andrea is still Andrea! and Frank is still Fat! And as always i'm this forum's best target! In another words nothing changes! But Someone Please Tell Me How The Hell He Missed That Shot?? Thank-You!

Nah I wasn't slamming you at all, I didn't even have the chat open for most of the game. I was just referencing the missed Villa peno when he clearly slipped on a sopping wet field. I'm still looking for a high def replay vid, but during the broadcast when they slowed it down you could see about a gallon of agua splashing out from under his planting foot. He'd never slip like that for no reason. The "grounds crew" were so embarrassed about having to paint the infield green that they fucked Villa out of a goal and NYCFC out of 2 points.

I left the game right after the 2nd goal to go play baseball and I told myself we had enough to win. I DVRed the rest of the game and headed out. I just came back to watch the end and just fuck everything. Theres no time left, the other team has the ball in our half and 2/3 of our team is outside the box. Why?

I left the game right after the 2nd goal to go play baseball and I told myself we had enough to win. I DVRed the rest of the game and headed out. I just came back to watch the end and just fuck everything. Theres no time left, the other team has the ball in our half and 2/3 of our team is outside the box. Why?
Waiting to counter attack.... [mic drops]

Not in the mood for getting too analytical just now. Most of what needs to be said has been covered. Just thought I'd comment on Villa's goal which was a thing of beauty. I was in section 113 today so just behind the goal where it was scored. I really thought it was going over by a few feet was in mid sigh when I saw it had come back down and in and changed to celebration.

Nah I wasn't slamming you at all, I didn't even have the chat open for most of the game. I was just referencing the missed Villa peno when he clearly slipped on a sopping wet field. I'm still looking for a high def replay vid, but during the broadcast when they slowed it down you could see about a gallon of agua splashing out from under his planting foot. He'd never slip like that for no reason. The "grounds crew" were so embarrassed about having to paint the infield green that they fucked Villa out of a goal and NYCFC out of 2 points.
OK THANKS! The Stupid Sprinklers were going when they were in the warm up! You can see that on the Facebook page! So Now a new question?? Why The Fuck Then Did The Those Asshole Refs Take This Into Consideration Then and Give Our Batman a Second Shot?? It's Not The Teams Fault Yankee Stadium Greens Keepers Are Carl Spackler aka Bill Murray from Caddyshack?? Theses Damn Refs Really Have Something Against NYFC and Should Be Given Some Fucking Red Cards!! This is the Kind of Shit that's gonna make My Andrea Snap!! When that Happens Holy Shit!! Were Talking about the Worlds Classiest and Calmest Volcano!! Don't Say You Haven't been Warned!! My Man Better Go Home Before he pulls out all that God Given Legendary Hair of His!!

You can't play this game with only Ten guys playing defense.

Also, Saunders blows and gets killed on deflections constantly. That ball was never, ever going to his left, yet he moves and can't recover when it deflects. Not only do we have the worst keeper in 20 MLS teams, our starter is probably worse than half the backups. He kills us constantly. 7-0 and you don't change the keeper. Dumb dumb dumb dummy

2016 rookie doesn't understand 2014/2015 storylines...

The kid is just protecting his fellow Englishman. But come on Jack, get a damn green card or better yet, citizenship.
At this point I'm looking at the booing as an investment that might just teach team management, including our overseas overlords, a valuable lesson.
Frank is damaged goods. They're paying him $6 million a year, he hardly plays, and now they can't even put him on billboards or take him to STH events. If he came to the Queens event it would have been a disaster, and they knew that because he was booed at "Super Frank." He gets booed every time he goes on the field. Good.
They'll think hard before they screw with us again the way they did in December 2014. It is shocking to me that they had to learn this lesson, but I'm damn glad he has become the fiasco they deserve.
And maybe the next time some classless superstar wants to come to MLS only for a payday and treat the league like garbage, they'll think better of that too. Beckham wasn't enough. Now they have 2 examples. Now they see what happens when you screw the league and then get unlucky with injuries and lose your chance to play the returning hero.

The Good: Pirlo to Villa

The Bad: 94' Fuck Up

The Ugly: Villa PK

The Goal : It was maravillosamente hermoso, Capitan Villa makes it look so easy and poetic to put the ball inside the net.

The Referees: I am beginning to believe my Dad was right " Ese referi esta comprado !!" :mad:

The Water: first time in my life I learn, that the pitch /grass has to be constantly watered during a futbol game. I guess coming from South America where water is a commodity , the grass is dry and water has never been blamed for a failed PK

The Good: I still love the team and will be a STH until I can afford it
The Bad : Tactically regardless of who is the coach, the team has been unable to hold the lead till the referee blows the whistle.
The Ugly : Its so ugly that despite holding my hands in prayer NYCFC looses 2 golden points with draws, and we console ourselves with " At least we get a point" "its better a draw than loosing " and similar inanities.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
Iraola looked good cause he is smart and knows how to keep play going. Played better at DM than RB. With Bravo out, we may see him again there and I'm ok with that.

White makes some bonehead moves.

Shelton is not that good. Physically yes, skill no. He hasn't a clue what to do when he gets in the box. He missed a few runs off the ball too.

Mendoza...same thing. All speed, no head.

T-Mac was invisible today.

Mix didn't do anything spectacular, but his work rate needs him to play more. I think his manic approach is good for the team. If he stays in today, we win.

As f'd up as an ending this was...the positive is that they played pretty good offensively. They created a lot of good chances. Pirlo had a lot of nice balls and RJ played really good for 80m.

I don't understand the subs. They didn't make sense.

They were tired and hot. They all got caught waiting for the whistle and royally screwed themselves out of 3 points.

Also...our pitch is an embarrassment to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulrich
Disappointing to let it slip at the end but it was a much improved performance.

That pirlo ball to villa then his goal was beautiful.