Per Twellman - Jozy Altidore Negotiating With Mls - Nycfc Not Involved

doctorhoosier

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Nov 13, 2014
Connecticut
upload_2015-1-7_14-39-35.png
TaylorTwellman
Multiple sources tell me Jozy Altidore and @MLS are in discussions about his return this winter with 3 teams applying. #TFC #RBNY #POR
1/7/15, 2:30 PM

Reactions: Kjbert
Perhaps this should have gone in the MLS news section, but I'm surprised enough that NYCFC hasn't expressed interest that I thought it might fit here.

Reactions: einwindir
Well, going in on Mix kind of confirmed no Jozy to me as I don't think we can handle two USMNT pay checks + Villa/(Lampard?). After all, Jozy seemed still loyal to RBNY so the heel turn always seemed unlikely.

Really would be interested in Jozy at Portland. Valeri could use a good forward when he comes back; that could be a strong team. Obviously, Bradley and Jozy learning to play together could mean dividends for the USMNT.

Especially with Petke's firing, don't think there's much on the field incentive for Jozy to go to RBNY. They already have BWP as a striker/poacher. Doesn't seem like a good fit.

As a former redbulls fan I whole heartedly expect him to go to redbulls especially to stabilize the recent change that has occurred and to appease some fans. If Jozy doesn't go there it would be his choice and it would tell you all you need to know about what players and pros within the industry think about nyrb.

"Being good in the EPL" isn't necessarily a requirement to be good in MLS.

BWP ate MLS defenses alive last year, and he was a washout.

If Jozy goes to Portland, he'll be getting service from Valeri and Nagbe. That's MLS gold, IMO.

If he goes to Jersey it will be good for the rivalry, but I'd much rather see him play at Portland. Especially since Henry won't be there to feed him at RB.

I see MLS making sure he goes to Red Bulls since they just lost Henry. When it comes to LA or NY the allocation process and other rules goes out the window.

"Being good in the EPL" isn't necessarily a requirement to be good in MLS.

BWP ate MLS defenses alive last year, and he was a washout.

If Jozy goes to Portland, he'll be getting service from Valeri and Nagbe. That's MLS gold, IMO.
Kenny Cooper and Sebastian Letoux were also awesome at NYRB but haven't done nearly as well before or after. Know the common thread? Service from Thierry Henry. Let's see what BWP does this year.

Being terrible in the EPL is not the same as being good. Nor does terrible in EPL automatically equal awesomeness in the poor, poor MLS.

Reactions: Paul and BxLio91
The Timbers owner did a pretty honest interview yesterday and said something to the effect they were close with a USMNT player.

Thing is - they have 3 DPs. He did say Liam Ridgewell was headed out on loan but he would be back for training in March.

Betting he is off to the Red Bulls. Good for them, to be honest.

The Timbers owner did a pretty honest interview yesterday and said something to the effect they were close with a USMNT player.

Thing is - they have 3 DPs. He did say Liam Ridgewell was headed out on loan but he would be back for training in March.
Yeah he tweeted that he authorized a purchase of $5 million. How much has NYCFC committed to so far?

Reactions: Kjbert

This may confirm, or at least lend support for, the rumor that a 4th DP will be added in the new CBA.

Betting he is off to the Red Bulls. Good for them, to be honest.

Why should we believe that RBNY is willing to spend the money necessary to bring in a new DP? Looks like they are cutting salary and recruiting young inexpensive players to fill their roster.

Reactions: Vito and Kjbert
Maybe to calm the waters after their news of firing their beloved coach?

Altidore on Portland might make then one of the top teams in the West.. Thats going to be a scary team to play if he goes there. Probably expecting the DP number to rise after the CBA as well.