Puerto Rico V Nycfc - Post-match

TMac was HORRIBLE today... Mix was non existent against PRs backups that's a sign of class. I was so excited and I know this was a friendly but wow that was boring.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gavin23
Well we won, so Vieira is not yet public enemy #1 on this site. Had we lost, oh boy the #FireVieira hashtag would already be going strong!

(Even though he is not even with the team yet, is he?)

Well we won, so Vieira is not yet public enemy #1 on this site. Had we lost, oh boy the #FireVieira hashtag would already be going strong!

(Even though he is not even with the team yet, is he?)

This site generally possesses a more intelligent calliber of fan than that.

Viera would not be castigated over a preseason loss that he was not in control of the team for. Jesus dude the team is 950k below cap without the extra 800k in TAM we got this year. Chill the fuck out.

I get you may have like Kreis, but he clearly was not a fit for the club.

Viera would not be castigated over a preseason loss that he was not in control of the team for. Jesus dude the team is 950k below cap without the extra 800k in TAM we got this year. Chill the fuck out.

Wel let's add in the fact Veiera didn't even coach the game lol

Reactions: Kjbert and Gavin23
I'm also excited about the 4-3-3 but we don't have the players for it yet. Khiry is not a footballer. He seems like a good kid, but I'm embarrassed to see him in an NYCFC shirt. Mullins seems to have a penchant for scoring scrappy, crucial goals off the bench, which is where he should probably stay.

Midfield is starting to look compelling. I would have liked to see Pirlo at the base of a triangle in the midfield 3, with Mix and Lampard as shuttlers. I like the idea of being able to flip Mix to play alongside Pirlo at the base, with Lampard at the tip, if we find ourselves needing to congest midfield a little more. It would give us a little bit of cheap versatility, without leaving Villa stranded up top as we did in the past season, where we really played more of a 4-5-1. I thought Mix actually got decently involved in a more central position, at least enough to give us a glimpse of what he can offer when he's not stranded on the wing.

On the other hand, thought Poku looked a little lost in the middle. Look what happens when you get him a little closer to goal. Fucking unstoppable.

If we're going 4-3-3 I would like to see Mullins on that upper left side. Too much of a work-horse to be utilized solely off the bench and super under rated. Just not and never was convinced when it came to TMac as a starter.

There's literally nothing useful you can gauge from tonight's game. It was a sales trip against journeymen. That said, I'm glad 433 was given a go. Let's see how these guys do in a couple of months when they've got something to play for.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene
Same complaint about tmac as during the season...if he had any bit of athleticism, he'd be good.

Pirlo looked to be in a groove. Think it'll be important for a consistent line up this year to keep it that way.

Iraola looked better.

Shelton needs to work on his finishing, but showed his potential.

Didn't see much of Lampard (except the top bar shot) cause the camera sucked.

We better sign a very solid CB.

Mix needs to prove himself. It sucks to watch him slowly lose it.

How is it that no one has gifs yet?

I managed to find these on the NYCFC reddit (I feel ever so slightly dirty):

http://gfycat.com/LegitimateFineKob
http://gfycat.com/InstructiveInbornBeetle
http://gfycat.com/ThoseLikableGelada

Also, this is from twitter:

CV_hJvBW4AAcxss.jpg:large

images

Anyone know where there's a bit torrent or some other download for this? I know they aren't supposed to be posted generally but games like this could be an exception. Surprised it wasn't on Youtube didn't seem like the sort of game YES would cover since they didn't do the pre season games.

EDIT

Actually seems there was a live stream on Youtube but looks like they didn't record it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually seems there was a live stream on Youtube but looks like they didn't record it :rolleyes:

Yes they did:

However, the stream was VERY patchy, especially in the second half, and I'd estimate that the stream died on (I'm not exaggerating) two or three dozen occasions. For that reason, there are lots of bits cut out in short bursts on that link, and you'll notice that both of the last two goals were pretty much missed (although there are a few replays to watch)

Reactions: SayWhat44
I'm also excited about the 4-3-3 but we don't have the players for it yet. Khiry is not a footballer. He seems like a good kid, but I'm embarrassed to see him in an NYCFC shirt. Mullins seems to have a penchant for scoring scrappy, crucial goals off the bench, which is where he should probably stay.

Midfield is starting to look compelling. I would have liked to see Pirlo at the base of a triangle in the midfield 3, with Mix and Lampard as shuttlers. I like the idea of being able to flip Mix to play alongside Pirlo at the base, with Lampard at the tip, if we find ourselves needing to congest midfield a little more. It would give us a little bit of cheap versatility, without leaving Villa stranded up top as we did in the past season, where we really played more of a 4-5-1. I thought Mix actually got decently involved in a more central position, at least enough to give us a glimpse of what he can offer when he's not stranded on the wing.

On the other hand, thought Poku looked a little lost in the middle. Look what happens when you get him a little closer to goal. Fucking unstoppable.
I've always said that Shelton would rather pass than shoot - he's just not a forward.

If we're going 4-3-3 I would like to see Mullins on that upper left side. Too much of a work-horse to be utilized solely off the bench and super under rated. Just not and never was convinced when it came to TMac as a starter.
TMac overachieved this past season. He's a last 15min player at best.

Reactions: BEC SPK and Kjbert
There's literally nothing useful you can gauge from tonight's game. It was a sales trip against journeymen. That said, I'm glad 433 was given a go. Let's see how these guys do in a couple of months when they've got something to play for.
Same here. Glad we won but play was VERY sloppy. We took a lot of pressure from.... Puerto Rico... Could have allowed a couple ourselves.

Reactions: Kjbert