Things Mls And Nycfc Can Do Better

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
What are some things MLS and NYCFC can do better?

Some things the MLS could do better is:
  • either fold some teams or move them to a major city (right in the city, like in city borders)
  • better website
  • more focus on the US Open Cup
  • more penalization for poor PR from a teams social media output.
  • rebrandment for some teams (the ones with a shit logo)
  • removement of the "no cursing rule"
  • more USS merch

Some things NYCFC can do better is:
  • advertise more in the city. like EVERYWHERE
  • more merch. MCFC has ALOT of merch, i wjuldnt mind having some of that but for NYC
  • Beastie Boys
  • NYC TV, some youtube news or something

I have little to no faith in America's schools. I suggest a nationwide literacy effort by MLS in conjunction with increased cursing...
Kids know proper grammar. They know how to properly speak. They just choose not to. Its not the school system, its the kids.

Just a response to a few of your points
CP_Scouse CP_Scouse

• either fold some teams or move them to a major city (right in the city, like in city borders)
MLS is already making an effort to get more teams in downtown stadiums, but it is not practical everywhere. Folding teams at this point just because they aren't in the city center doesn't make any sense. Would you fold the Quakes just because their brand new stadium isn't downtown?
  • better website
How's this? http://next.mlssoccer.com/
Why?
Like fines?
I think that's up to the individual team's FO. MLS can't really mandate "Any team whose logo looks like shit has to rebrand... *cough* New England *cough*
Not likely considering TV concerns
  • more USS merch
As in more US Soccer merch? MLS has nothing to do with that...

• more merch. MCFC has ALOT of merch, i wjuldnt mind having some of that but for NYC
This will come over time.

• Beastie Boys
Something we can all agree on.

I'm sure they will make one of these once we get closer to the season. MCFC has one.

NYCFC has been filming since the start of this franchise so we will see some behind the scenes stuff on YES or the YouTube channel at some point

Reactions: Kjbert
Just a response to a few of your points
CP_Scouse CP_Scouse

MLS is already making an effort to get more teams in downtown stadiums, but it is not practical everywhere. Folding teams at this point just because they aren't in the city center doesn't make any sense. Would you fold the Quakes just because their brand new stadium isn't downtown?
  • better website
How's this? http://next.mlssoccer.com/
Why?
Like fines?
I think that's up to the individual team's FO. MLS can't really mandate "Any team whose logo looks like shit has to rebrand... *cough* New England *cough*
Not likely considering TV concerns
  • more USS merch
As in more US Soccer merch? MLS has nothing to do with that...

This will come over time.

• Beastie Boys
Something we can all agree on.

I'm sure they will make one of these once we get closer to the season. MCFC has one.

The US open cup would just be another way for the sport to grown in the US. Only in soccer, a team could have different trophies from different competitions.

The PR managment of OCSC is ridculous. Sure it hypes up the fans in orlando, but kind of puts a band name for the team dn the leage

im sure MLS can go up to the clubs and say, hey we 're trying to make the league better, please redsign your logo.

if they advertise a rowdy and fun atmosphere (not faux ultras RB bullshit), more people would come to the games.

MLS really should work out a deal with USS to put some team updates or team merch in the MLS online store (which sucks)

CP_Scouse CP_Scouse said...if they advertise a rowdy and fun atmosphere (not faux ultras RB bullshit), more people would come to the games.

That's not true. You know who keeps these clubs afloat? Families and corporations. Not the people with the $300 season tickets who wave TIFO and bang drums. Just glorified mascots who add to the overall experience.

It's the Heinekens and Bank of Americas who throw around corporate dollars - and the guy who bought 4 season tickets for he and his kids and end up spending $150 every game night on hot dogs and merchandise

CP_Scouse CP_Scouse said...if they advertise a rowdy and fun atmosphere (not faux ultras RB bullshit), more people would come to the games.

That's not true. You know who keeps these clubs afloat? Families and corporations. Not the people with the $300 season tickets who wave TIFO and bang drums. Just glorified mascots who add to the overall experience.

It's the Heinekens and Bank of Americas who throw around corporate dollars - and the guy who bought 4 season tickets for he and his kids and end up spending $150 every game night on hot dogs and merchandise
well them too ;)

Reactions: Goodfella
I Kinda agree 25k is good for most cities, but New York, LA, Chicago, Miami and Boston should be 30.

jury is out on NY until we see how our team draws. Miami is unproven also. I'd rather fill a 25K regularly than have 25K sitting in a 30K stadium. RBNY frequently had crowds of 19-22 this year, those empty 3K really impact the feel and atmosphere.