Twitter Is Ablaze With Talk Of Frank Lampard, Too.

Frank Lampard would be excellent in the MLS. Are there any other MLS sides with better players than Villa and Lampard? I can't think of any that even come close to be honest.

Frank Lampard would be excellent in the MLS. Are there any other MLS sides with better players than Villa and Lampard? I can't think of any that even come close to be honest.
Donovan and Keane are a strong duo. But if we pick up Mix as well then I would say we definitely have the strongest DP's at least on paper.

Bradley and Defoe are a pretty good duo

When asked who is the greatest player in the world right now, Messi mentioned Xavi as one of the first 6 that came to mind.

I saw a few clips of this Mix fella and he seems very ordinary. I will need to pay attention at the WC.

If Lampard joins then you have a good leader in the middle of the park.

Villa will score many and be busy creating chances for others.

The 4 anticipated academy players will be hopefully tidy, skillful, capable players (only issue there is how many of the best will be risked in a strange new club in a strange league - but the quality is so high throughout the City academy that I'd be surprised if you weren't impressed by whoever you get).

I'd imagine that the MLS will provide plenty of very decent pros all over the pitch.

So the final DP in my completely useless opinion will be one of these 3 guesses :) .
Xavi - A midfielder who can teach the tippy tappy style to the rest and be highly effective. Xavi without doubt would be the best signing you could make. Way beyond Villa in terms of international attention.
Demichelis - A top quality CB who plays the City/Barca style.
Dani Alves - 31 now but still has the engine to be a phenomenal asset. If you aren't already aware the fullback role is critical to the success of the City style of play that no doubt Kreis will play. I would not be surprised if at least one of the academy players will be a fullback and maybe the remaining DP too.

All that said I am clueless and look forward to watching it all unfold.

Xavi is not just a big name, but still a kingpin in the best club and international sides in the world. He is a far better player, and bigger international superstar than Lampard.

The thing with Xavi is, that due to his incredible ability to his languid style playing style, he could play at a high level until his late thirties/early forties. He's that good.

I saw a few clips of this Mix fella and he seems very ordinary. I will need to pay attention at the WC.

The 4 anticipated academy players will be hopefully tidy, skillful, capable players (only issue there is how many of the best will be risked in a strange new club in a strange league - but the quality is so high throughout the City academy that I'd be surprised if you weren't impressed by whoever you get).

I'd imagine that the MLS will provide plenty of very decent pros all over the pitch.

So the final DP in my completely useless opinion will be one of these 3 guesses :) .
Xavi - A midfielder who can teach the tippy tappy style to the rest and be highly effective. Xavi without doubt would be the best signing you could make. Way beyond Villa in terms of international attention.
Dani Alves - 31 now but still has the engine to be a phenomenal asset. If you aren't already aware the fullback role is critical to the success of the City style of play that no doubt Kreis will play. I would not be surprised if at least one of the academy players will be a fullback and maybe the remaining DP too.

We are pretty curious ourselves as you can understand.. Lampard for instance was originally approached about playing for Melbourne as I recall it

Didn't Alves just sign for PSG? I think of all the academy players, Angelino and Maffeo would be great to implement the system, are quality youngsters and would benefit from the experience. For the marauding style you would probably better off going for youth and energy than older legs.

I wonder if it'll be EDS or under 18s? Or a mixture. Some of the U18s might actually be better players from what I've seen.

If EDS could be the guys on loan who aren't blowing anyone away... E.g. Evans, Henshall, Rusnack ...but then they aren't really 100% new playing style players. In a way though if like it to be these guys do that they are given a great opportunity.

The thing about Xavi is that his primary attribute won't diminish with age. Instant link between defense and attack, instant fluidity.

Admittedly I'm ignorant of the MLS. Could you see a midfield 2 of Xavi and Frank existing without an enforcer? Their skill level will probably be ridiculous in MLS, but they don't have the legs they used to. That's my only worry about signing Lampard.

Again, it's not about Mix vs Xavi or someone of that incredible talent. It's about an American who draws eyeballs.

If you asked 100 Americans who david Villa was, maybe 2 would know.

Ask them who Landon Donovan is and the other 98 know.

No, but they are probably comparable to what Chelsea pay their youth.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is probably the most hyped youth prospect currently in England, and he's making £7,000 per week, which is about £364k per year.

Source: https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-chelsea-teen-will-earn-1-7m-142846987.html

That's $609k per year at current exchange rate.

It really depends if you will receive U18 or EDS players, but my understanding is that it ranges from £2,000 to £6,000 per week.

They will likely cost about 2/3 of an average $368,ooo yearly salary.

It really depends if you will receive U18 or EDS players, but my understanding is that it ranges from £2,000 to £6,000 per week.

They will likely cost about 2/3 of an average $368,ooo yearly salary.

Interesting. So with a $3.1m salary cap, the three DPs will eat up $1.1m of that. 4 EDS could cost another $1m. Hopefully the salary cap increases significantly.

Interesting. So with a $3.1m salary cap, the three DPs will eat up $1.1m of that. 4 EDS could cost another $1m. Hopefully the salary cap increases significantly.

Indeed. However, keep in mind, there are a few players on the U18 squad and EDS team that would be starters in some lower table Premier League sides, so you'll be getting players that can compete in the MLS.

There are two that should actually be on our bench next year but who knows if they get loaned to you for a year to develop further.