2017 Roster Discussion

Incidentally, remember that time everyone made fun of Pirlo for randomly shooting a corner kick into the rafters? As it happens, I got a picture of the kick in progress...

Wow that's terrible. Good capture.

Reactions: Kjbert
Now another possibility is he's in Manchester for a medical prior to his transfer

Possible, but I doubt it. I know CFG have on occasion signed players to Melbourne/New York after doing the medical in Manchester, but it wouldn't usually work the opposite way round. If he was being sold then the buying club would want to conduct the medical at their own affiliated facility/hospital, close to their own base of operations. The only time I remember hearing of a player doing a medical conducted by representatives of the selling club is as part of your typical last-day-of-the-transfer-window deal, where the selling club has to get it done themselves in order to give the buying club time to complete the deal. That shouldn't be the case here.

In other words: move along, nothing to see in this story.

Possible, but I doubt it. I know CFG have on occasion signed players to Melbourne/New York after doing the medical in Manchester, but it wouldn't usually work the opposite way round. If he was being sold then the buying club would want to conduct the medical at their own affiliated facility/hospital, close to their own base of operations. The only time I remember hearing of a player doing a medical conducted by representatives of the selling club is as part of your typical last-day-of-the-transfer-window deal, where the selling club has to get it done themselves in order to give the buying club time to complete the deal. That shouldn't be the case here.

In other words: move along, nothing to see in this story.
True, lots of reports out of Manchester he might be going on loan to them. Don't take it seriously but something else to consider.

True, lots of reports out of Manchester he might be going on loan to them. Don't take it seriously but something else to consider.

Can't see that happening, honestly. It's more of the same, same as the Saunders and Poku rumours.

Right now, MCFC are in a mess, and in that situation I can't see Pep going for up-and-coming names in the hopes of them turning good at the highest stage*. He's already rejecting MCFC's youth stars, and the smart money right now - if he signs anyone, since he's claiming he won't make any moves at all - is that he'll try to buy more established players he knows can handle his system.

*Yes, I know they signed Gabriel Jesus, though in fairness he cost almost £30m and was signed in the summer when things were much rosier.

Can't see that happening, honestly. It's more of the same, same as the Saunders and Poku rumours.

Right now, MCFC are in a mess, and in that situation I can't see Pep going for up-and-coming names in the hopes of them turning good at the highest stage*. He's already rejecting MCFC's youth stars, and the smart money right now - if he signs anyone, since he's claiming he won't make any moves at all - is that he'll try to buy more established players he knows can handle his system.

*Yes, I know they signed Gabriel Jesus, though in fairness he cost almost £30m and was signed in the summer when things were much rosier.

Not to mention that Pep has stated he is only around for 3 more years

Not to mention that Pep has stated he is only around for 3 more years
He hasn't even committed to that. He's all about talking up his end these days.

They do need some fullbacks, though. But RM ain't close to good enough for them, and man city doesn't train players. They buy finished products. Or try to anyway.

I can't believe anyone would take any of this shit seriously. That said, if he looks good in a run out or two vs the first team there, I'm sure they'll take him off our hands only to let him rot in the reserves. Kind bastards that they are.

He hasn't even committed to that. He's all about talking up his end these days.

They do need some fullbacks, though. But RM ain't close to good enough for them, and man city doesn't train players. They buy finished products. Or try to anyway.

I can't believe anyone would take any of this shit seriously. That said, if he looks good in a run out or two vs the first team there, I'm sure they'll take him off our hands only to let him rot in the reserves. Kind bastards that they are.

They better hope they can train John Stones

He's Matt Miazga with an English birth certificate.

Literally. He's no better than Matt showed. And then they paid some exorbitant amount for him because ... global scouting system???
Stones is at least getting minutes with the first team. Where exactly is Miazga now, Dutch league with a handful of games? The Dutch league doesn't even play defense.

Stones is at least getting minutes with the first team. Where exactly is Miazga now, Dutch league with a handful of games? The Dutch league doesn't even play defense.
The entire Chelsea scouting system and their player "agents" is basically the equivalent of some hack financial advisor at Merrill Lynch Long Island office churning stocks to drum up commission. They prey on kids and loan them to Siberia FC to wither away.

The entire Chelsea scouting system and their player "agents" is basically the equivalent of some hack financial advisor at Merrill Lynch Long Island office churning stocks to drum up commission. They prey on kids and loan them to Siberia FC to wither away.
Also if anyone reading this is an Advisor for Merrill in their Long Island office I was just kidding... I'm sure you're awesome at your job.
giphy.gif

Can he really be much worse than Clichy/Kolarov? At least with Mata when he makes mistakes you know hes young and will only get better. 1/2 games whichever one of them plays has a rubbish game and MCFC will definitely be looking for reinforcements. Maybe they see giving Mata a go for 6 months and then in the summer signing a world class LB as this would be hard to do in January?

Can he really be much worse than Clichy/Kolarov? At least with Mata when he makes mistakes you know hes young and will only get better. 1/2 games whichever one of them plays has a rubbish game and MCFC will definitely be looking for reinforcements. Maybe they see giving Mata a go for 6 months and then in the summer signing a world class LB as this would be hard to do in January?
I don't see them wanting him at all. If they wanted a young LB/LW that would at times make mistakes they wouldn't have loaned out Angelino. They just sent him on loan a few weeks ago, why then bring in a replacement of the same level? Not happening.