2017 Roster Discussion

I don't see them wanting him at all. If they wanted a young LB/LW that would at times make mistakes they wouldn't have loaned out Angelino. They just sent him on loan a few weeks ago, why then bring in a replacement of the same level? Not happening.
6bYbl.gif

Just got The United States of Soccer by Phil West about the history of MLS and supporter culture. Of course, the first thing I did was read all the parts about NYCFC.

In the book, West notes that Pirlo's contract goes from summer 2015 to the end of 2016. So did Pirlo exercise a player option for 2017? Did NYCFC?

The offseason of questions.

Reactions: adam
Just got The United States of Soccer by Phil West about the history of MLS and supporter culture. Of course, the first thing I did was read all the parts about NYCFC.

In the book, West notes that Pirlo's contract goes from summer 2015 to the end of 2016. So did Pirlo exercise a player option for 2017? Did NYCFC?

The offseason of questions.
I'd love to see the front office take questions from the forums directly.

JayH Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan LionNYC LionNYC
FWIW, Crooks on the Soccer in the City podcast release today: he acknowledged that he annoyed a lot of people with his tweet on impending signing, but doubled down: it's an international signing, should happen next week, there are a couple names out there which he will neither confirm nor deny, said he's protecting his source

JayH Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan LionNYC LionNYC
FWIW, Crooks on the Soccer in the City podcast release today: he acknowledged that he annoyed a lot of people with his tweet on impending signing, but doubled down: it's an international signing, should happen next week, there are a couple names out there which he will neither confirm nor deny, said he's protecting his source

Unless it's someone we haven't heard of, he's still #CrookCrooks. He's protecting his source? If he continues the same way of treating rumors, what's the point of being in football media?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Unless it's someone we haven't heard of, he's still #CrookCrooks. He's protecting his source? If he continues the same way of treating rumors, what's the point of being a football journalist?

is he really a journalist? i just saw him as a college coach/ color commentator that did some bits of news as a side thing.