2017 Roster Discussion

Let's try to put an 18 together ...

Harrison-Villa-Maxi
Ring-Herrera-Pirlo
Matarrita-Callens-Chanot-Allen
Johnson

Bench: Johansen, Brillant, Camargo, T-Mac, Lewis, Okoli, Shelton

Everyone on our bench was either a starter at times last year, or would have been a starter had he been on the team. Mikey Lopez (when healthy), might not even make the 18. This team is all of a sudden really, really deep.

Here's the other question: At some point, Vieira talked about wanting Harrison to become more of a midfielder. There's basically no more room for him in the three-man midfield. Ring is TAM, he's going to get a chance, and obviously Pirlo isn't going anywhere. Harrison is going to have to play on the wing.
Ring can play wide.

I'm aware but when you have a world class keeper it's a real boost to the defense confidence wise look at Colorado as an example. Just asking would you be disappointed?

You do realize that Zach MacMath had a better GAA than Howard and the Rapids had a better PPG during his tenure as goalkeeper in 2016 than Howard.

You do realize that Zach MacMath had a better GAA than Howard and the Rapids had a better PPG during his tenure as goalkeeper in 2016 than Howard.
And he's Jewish. And we may have tried to sign him as a DP, and...

Yeah, I'm bored with and afraid of this whole thing. Someone get Wahl a username. I need to appropriately target my barbs.

I was convinced that guy was Kreis' personal sock puppet account and he gave up on the forums post firing.

I need to stop watching Alex Jones before bed time.

Good conspiracy theories make life more interesting, even if the truth isn't remotely related.

Reactions: Gavin23
And he's Jewish. And we may have tried to sign him as a DP, and...

Yeah, I'm bored with and afraid of this whole thing. Someone get Wahl a username. I need to appropriately target my barbs.

Prob one of the best multi-thread tie ins I've read in a long time. Bravo.
giphy.gif

Ring can play wide.

OK, but would you want him to on this team? They have Maxi, Harrison, and Lewis as their wingers right now, to say nothing of Khiry. It would certainly seem that Ring fits more in midfield. This is, of course, without ever watching him play so I could be totally wrong.

Reactions: sbrylski
OK, but would you want him to on this team? They have Maxi, Harrison, and Lewis as their wingers right now, to say nothing of Khiry. It would certainly seem that Ring fits more in midfield. This is, of course, without ever watching him play so I could be totally wrong.

It'll be interesting to watch Ring integrate as really the only true 8 we have now. He's competing with Herrera and maybe Chanot and Sands at DM, while also competing with Moralez, Harrison, McNamara, and Camargo at attacking mid. Maybe he starts next to Pirlo with Herrera behind him, and if we need goals we pull one of the three midfielders for another attacker from that attacking mid list.

Reactions: Kjbert
Really loving all of our moves so far. I think without question, this is a more well-rounded team compared to last season. Actually having players who can run more than 10 yards in the center of the midfield is going to be such a shocker to watch compared to the last two seasons.

Now get a solid DP and we can make some noise this season.

3-5-2. Johnson at keeper. The 3CB which means we do not need to protect pirlo who can play right above the CB. Have 2 box to box CM flank Pirlo. Matarrita and maybe Harrison on the wings. Villa and either Maxi or Okoli up top.

Basically how Juve played under Conti.

3-5-2. Johnson at keeper. The 3CB which means we do not need to protect pirlo who can play right above the CB. Have 2 box to box CM flank Pirlo. Matarrita and maybe Harrison on the wings. Villa and either Maxi or Okoli up top.

Whatever PSG did today. Let's do that. Then again their passing was incredible. They regularly threaded the needle through 2 Barca players and then ran into space.

Reactions: Kjbert and ktdNYCFC

Yeah this is feeling very much like a back three team. Maybe even a 3-4-3 like how Conte is playing now at Chelsea. I'd love to see a trident of Moralez-Villa-Harrison up top at some point.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert