2021 Roster Discussion

The only active players that I have kits for now are Chanot (2018 kit) and Matarrita (2017 kit). I guess they'll be gone too this offseason if my theory holds. This is why all my kits now don't have players names on them.
What is your theory? That most players leave the team after a few years?

Reactions: Kjbert
A question for everyone. Assuming you have 2 DP slots and 1.5 million of total GAM to spend this off-season....

What 3 positions would you upgrade?

I would spend the GAM on a CB, get a DP striker and a DP Winger.

A question for everyone. Assuming you have 2 DP slots and 1.5 million of total GAM to spend this off-season....

I sign a striker, Wing, and number 10. With the 2 DP and the GAM. Don't care which or the 3 is the GAM.

I'm revamping the entire front line. I don't think any forward was good enough this year, and with Heber not back until at least June or July, you can't count on him in 2021. So I'm using all the money we have right now to completely revamp the front line. Our midfield and defense group is elite, with Matarrita the clear weak spot among those eight positions. Maybe I try to find someone to challenge Matarrita's starting role, but aside from that I'm putting all my attention up front.

I'm also looking for a No. 10, while hoping that player can play as a wing until Maxi leaves or gets hurt, etc

Reactions: mgarbowski
Order of need IMO would be DP Striker, DP caliber CAM (I'm probably in the minority, but I think Maxi should go too), replace Mata with a new LB, then use remaining GAM/TAM on two wingers who are starting quality.

From the r/MLS post of the transfer rumors tweet...

Sounds like another Medina. Hopefully this isn't a young DP signing.
View attachment 10983

yea reading the spanish instagram pages for nacional....they all dislike the dude because he didnt live up to the hype. some willing to say CFG overspent for him. I recall the page said something like $3M for him.

I'm neither going to get excited not disappointed until we see him in action, assuming the reports are true. But I have to note that we get this report, which describes Rodriguez as a "young star in the making who can play CAM or out on the wings" 7 minutes after

I'm also looking for a No. 10, while hoping that player can play as a wing until Maxi leaves or gets hurt, etc

I think we just found the intern, or David Lee's sock puppet. :tearsofjoy:
Seriously, nice to see your analysis instantly vindicated ZYanksRule ZYanksRule

Last edited:
Obviously, we can't truly judge this guy (or any player for that matter) until he arrives and we see what he can do. I don't see this guy as a worthy DP though and certainly hope the club is not gonna try to make him one.

He could come to MLS and shine or he can fall flat on his face. This would be true for most signings except for top tier superstar players who would shine almost anywhere they go. But for me, this isn't the kind of big name signing I was hoping for if they had to get rid of Ring to do so...

Reactions: ALBNYfan
We should stop trying to be cute and be the RedBulls with our 3-5 million dollar transfers.

With two open DP spots and a ton of allocation cash, CFG is in a position to buy a cup if it wants to. The latter part is the wild card, and recent history suggests that the plan will instead be to add kind of good players who make us kind of good.

Last edited:
Plan A: Throw everything at getting Mix, Poku and Jonathan Lewis back.

Plan B:
DP slot #1 - a playmaker winger who can change the game on his own (Jonny Russell, Daniel Royer-type)
DP slot #2 - a hungry striker who can operate as a lone target man if required, or complement Heber/Taty in a strike partnership (Robert Beric, Adam Buksa-type)
GAM - throw all of it at an experienced MLS center-back who can come straight in, lead the locker room and captain the team on Ronny's terms. Travel back in time for Walker Zimmerman if you have to.

But please, tell me more about these highly-rated but inconsistent post-hype kids from South America.