2021 Roster Discussion

god were such a small club. The best hospital for athletic injuries in the world and the best PT in the world is located in New York. And we send this guy to Brazil.

If you're Brazilian, would you rather be in New York during the winter during the pandemic or at home in Brazil?

Reactions: 413Blue
Reactions: Higgs1
That would be the worst possible way to announce his departure, an hour before our game. Friday dump it tonight or tomorrow morning.

its something to keep an eye on. we have seen it with other transfers of players coming to MLS.

its something to keep an eye on. we have seen it with other transfers of players coming to MLS.

he was in the training pics, so i would imagine he's going to be in the game day lineup unless they finalize a deal while they are in DC and he has to sit on the bench.

If you're Brazilian, would you rather be in New York during the winter during the pandemic or at home in Brazil?

As a professional soccer player, I should be with my teams training staff.

Otherwise, expect him back in July

god were such a small club. The best hospital for athletic injuries in the world and the best PT in the world is located in New York. And we send this guy to Brazil.

The guy went home for the offseason, which is completely normal. Completely normal to not have him here until he starts to get closer.

I find myself having no particular expectations of any kind for this season at all, given our roster turnover and lack of DPs. I guess I'd be disappointed if we don't manage to make the playoffs? I feel like we're solidly in a "rebuilding" season.

Our pre season started 30 days ago?

Right but if he's not taking part in any on-field activities, did it make sense for him to rehab here or at home? I trust the team and the player to do the thing that makes the most sense here. It's pretty normal around American sports for guys to be away from the team while they rehab long-term injuries.

Right but if he's not taking part in any on-field activities, did it make sense for him to rehab here or at home? I trust the team and the player to do the thing that makes the most sense here. It's pretty normal around American sports for guys to be away from the team while they rehab long-term injuries.

Further, there could be pandemic related reasons that led to rehabilitation in Brazil being a better option.

Reactions: ZYanksRule

Kevin Durant missed like two months this season. Are you suggesting it would have been normal for him to rehab back home in Maryland?

He should have been here with our professional trainers rehabbing. It shows a lack of commitment on his end. No wonder he’s always injured.

Kevin Durant missed like two months this season. Are you suggesting it would have been normal for him to rehab back home in Maryland?

He should have been here with our professional trainers rehabbing. It shows a lack of commitment on his end. No wonder he’s always injured.

In season versus out of season. Significant difference. You are reaching with this rant.

I think you are jumping to conclusions here. And yes as Brooklyn Blue writes, an in-season injury is different from an offseason injury. KD was not with the Nets for parts of last season.

Reactions: Shwafta
The season starts with pre-season. Which was like 45 days ago.

So you want him, during physiotherapy, to come back to the US and have to then quarantine aka set back his physiotherapy (he can do virtual but of course that's not the same)? I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Reactions: Brooklyn Blue
So you want him, during physiotherapy, to come back to the US and have to then quarantine aka set back his physiotherapy (he can do virtual but of course that's not the same)? I don't see why this is such a big deal.
He still has to quarantine now, no? I'm not fully on K Kjbert's side on this issue, but I would have preferred that Heber work with team physio staff as much as possible, and I do still have emotional scars from the whole Bernard King/Knicks knee rehab fiasco, so I don't trust players who demand to rehab away from the team.

Reactions: Kjbert
He still has to quarantine now, no? I'm not fully on K Kjbert's side on this issue, but I would have preferred that Heber work with team physio staff as much as possible, and I do still have emotional scars from the whole Bernard King/Knicks knee rehab fiasco, so I don't trust players who demand to rehab away from the team.
Hmm, from the way it's been presented I figured he was completely done with the rehab, or maybe there was some critical point where he would not have been able to leave... or something? I just don't think coming back during the middle of the process is a good idea

I believe players have a contractual period of time to be "home" or away from the local area. If im not mistaken, Heber had an operation here in NY after the season ended, which allowed him time to be home with family for a later period of time.

Reactions: Kjbert