2021 Roster Discussion

So you want him, during physiotherapy, to come back to the US and have to then quarantine aka set back his physiotherapy (he can do virtual but of course that's not the same)? I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Then he should still be in Brazil. If you didn’t want him to fly back 45 days ago, shouldn’t he still be there?

Then he should still be in Brazil. If you didn’t want him to fly back 45 days ago, shouldn’t he still be there?

He is probably coming back to get checked by Dr. Ahmad, and is probably close to resuming on-field activities. You figure he's going to get a very long ramp up before joining team training, so if he is going to start doing on-field individual workouts, that's the time he should return to NY.

So he has to quarantine for 10 days after traveling internationally, which puts him on the field around the end of April.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
Like I said, maybe he reached the end of that "section" (or whatever you call it) of the physiotherapy and is greenlit to return back to NY and from here on out will be taken care of in NY.

Like I said, maybe he reached the end of that "section" (or whatever you call it) of the physiotherapy and is greenlit to return back to NY and from here on out will be taken care of in NY.

I blame Ronnie and the FO for this conversation. Our tactics and roster additions are so uninspired we are left to squabble over where a guy did his rehab. It's going to be a long season.

Our depth is roster malpractice. Even if the extraordinary circumstances suggest that the best deals will be had this summer, that is no excuse for not using some $$$, scouting, and effort to have added a few solid options now who could at least have served as band-aids for now and then transition as depth after summer signings. Punting the first part of the season is inexcusable. We basically were in a position where if we didn't win the game in 60 we were going to lose points. Jasson is a kid you put in for some garbage time to get some experience, not chase a game. With all that said, it was nice to be back to yelling at the television again.

Last edited:
Our depth is roster malpractice. Even if the extraordinary circumstances suggest that the best deals will be had this summer, that is no excuse for not using some $$$, scouting, and effort to have added a few solid options now who could at least have served as band-aids for now and then transition as depth after summer signings. Punting the first part of the season is inexcusable. We basically were in a position where if we didn't win the game in 60 we were going to lose points. Jasson is a kid you put in for some garbage time to get some experience, not chase a game. With all that said, it was nice to be back to yelling at the television again.

Where's the $1M+ in GAM being spent on the Ring and Mata trades?

Remember there was supposed to be a video interview with questions from fans to David Lee before the season? Where is that too?

According to twitter. There are claims that taty is pressuring nycfc to make the deal. I personally dont think he is pressuring but i do think palmeiras is still trying hard. The issue though is that it is rumored that the first installment for taty's fee would be paid in 2022 and nycfc said no.

According to twitter. There are claims that taty is pressuring nycfc to make the deal. I personally dont think he is pressuring but i do think palmeiras is still trying hard. The issue though is that it is rumored that the first installment for taty's fee would be paid in 2022 and nycfc said no.
What do we make of the "call me" gesture after he scored? He then tweeted the same picture after the game with a telephone emoji. Unless I'm missing something, posting that picture again after a disappointing loss was a bit strange. In real time I took the gesture as a reference to Palmeiras, and then using the emoji may be the same. Again, I may be way off.

Reactions: gbservis
What do we make of the "call me" gesture after he scored? He then tweeted the same picture after the game with a telephone emoji. Unless I'm missing something, posting that picture again after a disappointing loss was a bit strange. In real time I took the gesture as a reference to Palmeiras, and then using the emoji may be the same. Again, I may be way off.

yea all the palmeiras accounts are taking in that way. but again we wont know until something is decided. It seems the fee is already agreed upon and taty probably has a pre contract. Its more on palmeiras finding the money to make the first payment of the fee now and not in 2022.

Reactions: Kjbert
Don't know if you're right but you're not alone.

Don't know if you're right but you're not alone.

i thought the same when i saw the tweet. at this rate, if he's that set on going, if the deal falls through, his mindset will not be with us and his performance will likely suffer. At this point though, unless Thiago gets his visa sometime this week, without Taty, we'd have to rely entirely on Jasson as our main attacker and that won't be pretty.

Let him go. We’re not winning anything with him leading the line anyway. Love his work ethic and I think he’s a good clubhouse go. But he doesn’t make it break your season

• Angry
Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
Actually I don't think Medina can be a Young DP.
Young Designated Player
  • A Designated Player who is 23 years old (or younger than the age of 23) during the League Year (the age of the player is determined by year - not date - of birth) will carry the following Young Designated Player Salary Budget Charge:
That's not fully clear but I think it means you just subtract birth year from this year and that is the player's age, regardless of the specific birthday. Medina was born in 1997 (April 30). That's 24. He must be either DP or regular player.

Reactions: Kjbert